From: The Old Bloke on
SNIP

> > I give up. This is not my problem, it's an internal Telstra problem. I
> > will do no more, you guys have to fix it. Unless, of course, you finally
> > cancel the subscription because the bill hasn't been paid. Then I will
> > write to the Telecom Industry Ombudsman, with this string of emails (14
> > so far), pointing out your breach of the Trades Practices Act.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Craig
I had a similar thing with Telstra. It was a saga that went on and on
for weeks.

Finally I was able to get (from friends) the email addresses for a
couple of senior executives. I emailed the saga to them at 10 pm. At
midnight one of them answered that he would fix it in the morning. The
morning came and a real Telstra person rang (not a call centre) and
said the problem was fixed and would I accept a generous credit to
compensate me for my wasted time.

Another time I couldn't get a call centre to escalate my issue to a
real Telstra person, I wrote to the Leader of the State Oppostion.
Within a few days a Telstra employee rang and the problem was solved
on the spot.

IMHO their problem is that they use call centres to insulate Telstra
execs from the public. The call centres have very limited powers to
escalate a problem out of their call centres.
From: Anonymous on

"Craig Welch" <craig(a)pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
> An edited copy of the most recent emails in a long 'dialogue' with
> BigPond:
> Thank you {Name}. I have copied this correspondence trail to the Office
> of the CEO of Telstra.
>
> Can I ask why you don't just escalate it to a person who has the
> ability/authority to fix it?
>
> Have you read The Castle (Das Schloß) by Franz Kafka?
>
> "Dark and at times surreal, The Castle is about alienation, bureaucracy,
> and the seemingly endless frustrations of man's attempts to stand against
> the system".
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig
>
> The BigPond Team wrote:
> > Dear Craig,
> >
> > Thank you for your email, I am sorry you are frustrated with my
> advice, however I am not able to assist, you need to call, however many
> times this may be.
> >
> > Yours sincerely,
> >

> > {Name}
> > The BigPond Team
> > www.bigpond.com

Whatever

Next call...

From: Anonymous on

> [...]
> > * 'Would you like to combine your fixed line and Internet bills?'
> > Me: /That would ensure that you can take the money without giving
> > me an invoice. //As previously stated, I will not do that, in
> > other words I will not pay this, until I receive an invoice
> >

> > So after putting me on hold for about four times, presumably to
> > 'consult' with someone, she came back and happily advised that all would
> > be fine, she would immediately send me an invoice by email.
> >
> > That was over 24 hours ago. Surprise surprise, it hasn't arrived.
> >
> > I give up. This is not my problem, it's an internal Telstra problem. I
> > will do no more, you guys have to fix it. Unless, of course, you finally
> > cancel the subscription because the bill hasn't been paid. Then I will
> > write to the Telecom Industry Ombudsman, with this string of emails (14
> > so far), pointing out your breach of the Trades Practices Act.

You need a new plan.
Optus $30(a)month

Pages: 1
Prev: Safest ed2k application