From: YeonAh on
Well...I showed my Dreamweaver teacher (I'm a student) and even he was
stumped, though we managed to narrow it down to the fact that, for
some reason, the external stylesheet isn't being read. I attached the
same style sheet to a complete separate page without a template, and
the same problem came up.

I looked through all the coding for the stylesheet and I have no clue
what could be wrong.

Here's the code on the page for the stylesheet:
<link href="/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
It's in the <head> section of the coding, so that part's okay...

Here's the coding for the stylesheet itself:

body {
background-color: #000000;
background-image: url(/assets/images/Moon_Background.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment:fixed;
text-align: justify;
}
body,td,th {
font-family: "Century Gothic", "Abadi MT Condensed Light", "Arial
Narrow", Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
}
a:link {
color: #0A3560;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
color: #0A3560;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
color: #3366FF;
}

a:active {
text-decoration: none;
color: #0A3560;
}
..bottomcopyright {
color: #FFFFFF;
padding-right: 90px;
}
..linktext {
font-size: 14px;
text-transform: uppercase;
color: #FFFFFF;
text-align: center;
vertical-align: top;
padding-top: 15px;
}
#main_container {
background-repeat: no-repeat;
position:absolute;
width:507px;
z-index:1;
left: 483px;
top: 76px;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: left;
}
#apDiv1 {
position:absolute;
z-index:2;
left: 215px;
top: 437px;
}
h1 {
font-family: "Century Gothic", "Abadi MT Condensed Light", "Arial
Narrow", Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 24px;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight: normal;
text-transform: uppercase;
padding-right: 20px;
float: none;
text-align: center;
padding-bottom: 15px;
}
..maintable {
padding-right: 25px;
padding-left: 25px;
text-align: justify;
}
h2 {
font-family: "Century Gothic", "Abadi MT Condensed Light", "Arial
Narrow", Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 14px;
text-transform: uppercase;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight: lighter;
letter-spacing: 5px;
padding-left: 15px;
}
h3 {
font-family: "Century Gothic", "Abadi MT Condensed Light", "Arial
Narrow", Arial, sans-serif;
font-weight: lighter;
text-transform: uppercase;
color: #FFFFFF;
padding-left: 15px;
letter-spacing: 8px;
}
..quotes {
font-style: italic;
color: #FFFFFF;
padding-left: 15px;
}

All of it was created within Dreamweaver, and as said before, displays
perfectly fine inside the Dreamweaver 'Design' window. When
transferring it to a browser window however, it ignores the stylesheet
altogether.

I don't believe it's a problem with the coding, as it does display
fine in Dreamweaver...what do you think? I'm stumped.
From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message
<7281eb69-c817-43e4-8fe4-46108b8500f0(a)j41g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>,
YeonAh <jbarkun(a)gmail.com> writes
>Well...I showed my Dreamweaver teacher (I'm a student) and even he was
>stumped, though we managed to narrow it down to the fact that, for
>some reason, the external stylesheet isn't being read. I attached the
>same style sheet to a complete separate page without a template, and
>the same problem came up.
>
>I looked through all the coding for the stylesheet and I have no clue
>what could be wrong.
>
>Here's the code on the page for the stylesheet:
><link href="/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
>It's in the <head> section of the coding, so that part's okay...

[snip of CSS code}
>}
>
>All of it was created within Dreamweaver, and as said before, displays
>perfectly fine inside the Dreamweaver 'Design' window. When
>transferring it to a browser window however, it ignores the stylesheet
>altogether.
>
>I don't believe it's a problem with the coding, as it does display
>fine in Dreamweaver...what do you think? I'm stumped.

I can't see anything wrong with your style sheet - perhaps somebody else
can.

But - Dreamweaver tends to put its templates in a Templates folder - at
least mine does. Then, in may case, the actual pages are mostly in the
root - so the link to the CSS is wrong unless it is changed. Have you
checked the actual reference to the CSS file on your main pages? Could
it be looking in the wrong place?

Your code shows: <link href="/style.css" . . . . . . . If the rest
of your pages are not in the same directory as your template this is
probably looking in a different location.

(OK I'm probably pushing it a bit with my over simplistic suggestions
but I've missed things like that before and the complex stuff you are
using looks fine to me.)

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: YeonAh on
On Apr 1, 7:10 am, Duncan Kennedy <no-s...(a)nospam.otterson-bg.couk>
wrote:
> In message
>
> I can't see anything wrong with your style sheet - perhaps somebody else
> can.
>
> But - Dreamweaver tends to put its templates in a Templates folder - at
> least mine does.  Then, in may case, the actual pages are mostly in the
> root - so the link to the CSS is wrong unless it is changed.  Have you
> checked the actual reference to the CSS file on your main pages?  Could
> it be looking in the wrong place?
>
> Your code shows:  <link href="/style.css" . . . . . . .    If the rest
> of your pages are not in the same directory as your template this is
> probably looking in a different location.
>
> (OK I'm probably pushing it a bit with my over simplistic suggestions
> but I've missed things like that before and the complex stuff  you are
> using looks fine to me.)
>
> --
> Duncan K
> Downtown Dalgety Bay

I just did as you suggested and checked all the links...they all are
linking to the right places. The style sheet is in the root folder
just as the pages are. The template IS in a separate folder, but I
just tried moving it out and relinking everything and it doesn't make
a difference.

If the link was wrong, wouldn't Dreamweaver pick up on it and display
it incorrectly in the Design view? Everything's alright there, it's
just the browser...

I might just try redoing the stylesheet from scratch...something must
have gone wrong while creating it.

Thank you for your help!