From: KenP on
sOutlook 2007, XP Pro, IE 8 - I saved some pics (by mistake) in a temporary
internet folder at C:\Docs and Settings\name\localsettings\temporary internet
files\content.outlook\lm1wsif1 (spelling abreviated) and can't find the
directory. I have Show Hidden Files checked and that does not work. I have
searched for the folder name and file names w/n the folder and can't find
either.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to display this directory? I've searched
and searched and can't find it. Also stored in this directory is attachments
that come with emails I receive in Outlook.

Thanks in advance.
From: neo on
Open the registry and go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security. The
value named OutlookSecureTempFolder contains the drive/path information.
Try copying that drive/path information into Windows Explorer.

If the above doesn't work, then the only way to get to said folder is thru a
command window as there is an explorer extension that takes over to show you
internet url/visit times once you hit the temporary internet files folder
and doesn't let you navigate to any folders below it.

Other than that, attachments are only stored in this temporary folder when
you view them. The attachments are stored in in the .PST file until such
time you delete the message they came attached to.

From: babybel on
Hello Ken;

Try the search-option in start menu, search at the "lm1wsif1" name, make
sure at Advanced Search Options, that search hidden files/folders is checked.
Now, you should find the map.
If you don`t get any results, I think the map is gone...

Don`t save files into that kind of dirs, it is not called "temporary-dir"
for fun...

Hope it works!

Niels

From: KenP on
Thanks so much and have a great weekend.