From: m m on
Hi:

I need to test some VHDL codes, which are commanding the LTC1407-A
Analog-to-Digital converter of the Spartan-3A, to take a sample on its
voltage input pin. The results of the conversion will be displayed on
the LCD.

The problem is that my background is not in electrical engineering and
I would like to know of a way (online tutorial, etc) to test these
codes, by sending the voltage output of the digital-to-analog-
converter (LTC2624 model) to the input pin of the analog-to-digital
converter.
I already confirmed, through an oscilloscope, that the DAC is sending
the voltage as I need it. Basically the FPGA application sends a
voltage and immediately after that, commands the analog-to-digital
converter to take a sample.

I have a cable, which bought in the Digilent Web site for the pins of
both terminals. A "6 Pin MTE Cable" found at :
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?Nav1=Products&Nav2=Cables&Cat=Cable

... however I received the advise that I need to make by myself a
circuit to join the ground pin with another pin... and that for these
steps I need to work with a resistor... etc... [ honestly I didn't
understand much ]

Is there a simpler way to successfully send the voltage output of the
Digital-to-Analog converter to the voltage input of the Analog-to-
Digital converter?

Thank you,
m __ m

LTC1407-A :