From: philo on
On 05/08/2010 04:12 PM, Radiorick wrote:
> What ever to the version of Tetris that came with windows? It seems to have
> disappeared from every computer I've got.

Tetris never came with any version of Windows

but there was a BOWEP game pack that had it

It's still one of my favorite games

and if you do a Google search for BOWEP I'm sure it's still out there
somewhere
From: Paul on
philo wrote:
> On 05/08/2010 04:12 PM, Radiorick wrote:
>> What ever to the version of Tetris that came with windows? It seems
>> to have
>> disappeared from every computer I've got.
>>

> Tetris never came with any version of Windows
>
> but there was a BOWEP game pack that had it
>
> It's still one of my favorite games
>
> and if you do a Google search for BOWEP I'm sure it's still out there
> somewhere

Apparently there was one in here. Release date 1990.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Entertainment_Pack

Paul
From: Nil on
On 08 May 2010, "Radiorick" <rlmorrison(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> What ever to the version of Tetris that came with windows? It
> seems to have disappeared from every computer I've got.

Windows has not included Tetris since Windows 3.1. If you want Tetris,
you gotta go buy it or find a replacement.

I like Crack Attack:

<http://crackattack.org/>

<http://aluminumangel.org/attack/>
From: philo on
On 05/08/2010 10:03 PM, Nil wrote:
> On 08 May 2010, "Radiorick"<rlmorrison(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> What ever to the version of Tetris that came with windows? It
>> seems to have disappeared from every computer I've got.
>
> Windows has not included Tetris since Windows 3.1. If you want Tetris,
> you gotta go buy it or find a replacement.
>
> I like Crack Attack:
>
> <http://crackattack.org/>
>
> <http://aluminumangel.org/attack/>

I've used *all* non-server versions of Windows and Tetris did not come
with any of them...but as mentioned it's included with BOWEP

FWIW: The BOWEP games will run on Windows 3.0 and up

I am sure many decent versions of Tetris can be found with a quick
Google search
From: Nil on
On 09 May 2010, philo <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I've used *all* non-server versions of Windows and Tetris did not
> come with any of them...but as mentioned it's included with BOWEP

So have I, and I'm fairly sure I remember Tetris being included with
some early version of Windows, then it being removed. It might have
even been in a beta, but not in the released version. At the time, the
story was that there was a dispute between Microsoft and the guy who
owned the name "Tetris".