From: Phillip on
Hi,
I have a text box on a form which is linked to a memo field in a table. As
I enter data in the text box if I press "Enter" it leaves the text box and
goes to the next item on my form. Can't you use an Enter within a text box?
I want to format the data as I enter it for printing later.
Thanks,
Phil
From: Marshall Barton on
Phillip wrote:
>I have a text box on a form which is linked to a memo field in a table. As
>I enter data in the text box if I press "Enter" it leaves the text box and
>goes to the next item on my form. Can't you use an Enter within a text box?
>I want to format the data as I enter it for printing later.

Just set the text box's EnterKeyBehavior property to New
Line in Field

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:21:01 -0800, Phillip <Phillip(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a text box on a form which is linked to a memo field in a table. As
>I enter data in the text box if I press "Enter" it leaves the text box and
>goes to the next item on my form. Can't you use an Enter within a text box?
>I want to format the data as I enter it for printing later.
>Thanks,
>Phil

By default, the Enter key (like the Tab key) saves the field and moves on to
the next; Ctrl-Enter enters a newline character into the field.

To reverse these, set the textbox's "Enter Key Behavior" property to "New Line
in Field".

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]