From: Hylton Boothroyd on
Can anyone point me to an application, preferably free, that makes it
easy to create plain text to take up all the space in an upright
isosceles triangle?

OS 10.4.11, MS Office 2004.

We had a rush of blood to the head and chose triangular Christmas cards!
It seems that MS Office has been useless for that sort of thing since
Office 98.

TIA
--
Hylton
From: Stephen on
On 10 Dec, 00:05, hylton.boothr...(a)null.c0m.invalid (Hylton Boothroyd)
wrote:
> Can anyone point me to an application, preferably free, that makes it
> easy to create plain text to take up all the space in an upright
> isosceles triangle?
>
> OS 10.4.11, MS Office 2004.
>
> We had a rush of blood to the head and chose triangular Christmas cards!
> It seems that MS Office has been useless for that sort of thing since
> Office 98.
>
> TIA
> --
> Hylton

Create triangles for the areas you DON'T want text. Set the shape
format layout to 'Tight', and type your text between the triangles.

I.e. Imagine your triangular card laid on top of a rectangular card,
with the same base length. The bits of the rectangular card you can
see, uncovered by the triangular card are the two triangles you need
to draw.

From: D.M. Procida on
Hylton Boothroyd <hylton.boothroyd(a)null.c0m.invalid> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to an application, preferably free, that makes it
> easy to create plain text to take up all the space in an upright
> isosceles triangle?
>
> OS 10.4.11, MS Office 2004.
>
> We had a rush of blood to the head and chose triangular Christmas cards!
> It seems that MS Office has been useless for that sort of thing since
> Office 98.

Pages. Not free, of course, but not expensive either.

Daniele
From: Adrian Tuddenham on
Hylton Boothroyd <hylton.boothroyd(a)null.c0m.invalid> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to an application, preferably free, that makes it
> easy to create plain text to take up all the space in an upright
> isosceles triangle?
>
> OS 10.4.11, MS Office 2004.
>
> We had a rush of blood to the head and chose triangular Christmas cards!
> It seems that MS Office has been useless for that sort of thing since
> Office 98.

Claris Works 4 did it in a few seconds:
http://www.poppyrecords.co.uk/other/images/Picture1.gif

....but sadly you won't be able to run it on OS 10.4

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
From: Jim on
On 2009-12-10, Adrian Tuddenham <adrian(a)poppyrecords.invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hylton Boothroyd <hylton.boothroyd(a)null.c0m.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone point me to an application, preferably free, that makes it
>> easy to create plain text to take up all the space in an upright
>> isosceles triangle?
>>
>> OS 10.4.11, MS Office 2004.
>>
>> We had a rush of blood to the head and chose triangular Christmas cards!
>> It seems that MS Office has been useless for that sort of thing since
>> Office 98.
>
> Claris Works 4 did it in a few seconds:
> http://www.poppyrecords.co.uk/other/images/Picture1.gif
>
> ...but sadly you won't be able to run it on OS 10.4

Won't it run under Classic?

Jim
--
http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk http://twitter.com/GreyAreaUK
"A Microsoft spokesman said: "We spent five years and $350million
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: iChat, one man's meat ...
Next: Trouble loading page