From: Bruce Horrocks on
Apparently it was in Tiger but then got dropped. For those with Nokias
and who would like to type their texts on the Mac, I've written a little
Automator script that allows you to pick a phone number from Address
Book and send a text to it using a Bluetooth connected mobile.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-send-sms>

Note: send only (i.e. no receive) and only tested with a Nokia E55 so
far but should work with most of their range.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 21:21:56 +0100, Bruce Horrocks
<07.013(a)scorecrow.com> wrote:

>Apparently it was in Tiger but then got dropped. For those with Nokias
>and who would like to type their texts on the Mac, I've written a little
>Automator script that allows you to pick a phone number from Address
>Book and send a text to it using a Bluetooth connected mobile.
>
><http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-send-sms>
>
>Note: send only (i.e. no receive) and only tested with a Nokia E55 so
>far but should work with most of their range.

You star!

I'm sure they only dropped it because the bloody iPhoneOS *still*
doesn't have bluetooth services for texting.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"I think man is the most interesting insect on earth, don't you?"
-- Marvin the Martian
From: Stimpy on
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:21:56 +0100, Bruce Horrocks wrote
> Apparently it was in Tiger but then got dropped. For those with Nokias
> and who would like to type their texts on the Mac, I've written a little
> Automator script that allows you to pick a phone number from Address
> Book and send a text to it using a Bluetooth connected mobile.
>
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-send-sms>
>
> Note: send only (i.e. no receive) and only tested with a Nokia E55 so
> far but should work with most of their range.

For full SMS functionality (send/recieve/MMS/video/etc) Bluephone Elite is
the solution. I've been using it for years, it's ace :-)

http://mirasoftware.com/BPE2/

From: Simon Dobbs on
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 13:58:05 +0100, Stimpy wrote
(in article <0001HW.C88316ED0001DAFAF0407648(a)news.eclipse.co.uk>):

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:21:56 +0100, Bruce Horrocks wrote
>> Apparently it was in Tiger but then got dropped. For those with Nokias
>> and who would like to type their texts on the Mac, I've written a little
>> Automator script that allows you to pick a phone number from Address
>> Book and send a text to it using a Bluetooth connected mobile.
>>
>> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-send-sms>
>>
>> Note: send only (i.e. no receive) and only tested with a Nokia E55 so
>> far but should work with most of their range.
>
> For full SMS functionality (send/recieve/MMS/video/etc) Bluephone Elite is
> the solution. I've been using it for years, it's ace :-)
>
> http://mirasoftware.com/BPE2/

although of no use at all for the iPhone

From: Stimpy on
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:07:04 +0100, Simon Dobbs wrote

>> For full SMS functionality (send/recieve/MMS/video/etc) Bluephone Elite is
>> the solution. I've been using it for years, it's ace :-)
>>
>> http://mirasoftware.com/BPE2/
>>

> although of no use at all for the iPhone

That's the fault of the iPhone though :-)