From: Jernej on
Thank you, your solution worked for me also. :)

Saved me a lot of "gray hair".

Best regards, Jernej

Daniel Bugday wrote:

If have noticed a coupple of times that the search service isn't working.
17-Jun-08

If have noticed a coupple of times that the search service isn't working.

What i have done is:

1. Stop the search service in central admin
2. Delete the search database in SQL Server
3. Start the search service in central admin and have the service create a
new Search Database

You could try this steps if you wan't but make sure you have all the backups
needed in SQL Server if something goes wrong :)

/Daniel Bugday
http://www.sharepointforum.com/
http://www.sharepointforum.com/en-US/Blog/default.aspx

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:04 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

WSS not indexing my content
Hi!

I've recently upgraded from Windows Internal database to SQL Server 2005
Standard. The site seems to function correctly, however I've noticed that no
content is being indexed. Before I was able to search for some content, now
every time I run the search it provides no results. How can I troubleshoot
and fix this?

Thanking you in advance!

Zaur bahramov

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:28 AM
Daniel Bugday wrote:

Hi Zaur,have you tried to start the search service?
Hi Zaur,
have you tried to start the search service?

Chech in Central Admin > Operations > Services.

/Daniel Bugday
http://www.sharepointforum.com/
http://www.sharepointforum.com/en-US/Blog/default.aspx

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:36 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

> have you tried to start the search service?
> have you tried to start the search service?

I suspect that's already started.

If it is, the next step is to specify that the Content Database setting
says which server it is to use.

That's in Central Admin too / either Ops or Ap Management (*) / and then
"content database" in the first section in the left hand column about
halfway down.

(*) I haven't got my WSS 3.0 VM handy!

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com / wss.collutions.com
I regret that private e-mail questions will not be answered

Daniel Bugday wrote:

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:41 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

It's enabled.I think I have selected a wrong Content Database.
It's enabled.
I think I have selected a wrong Content Database.
I've seen after all that upgrade stuff I have two different databases in SQL
server.
One is WSS_Company_Name (database with all content which I had before an
upgrade of SQL server) and another is WSS_Content

I think what has happened is that I've did something wrong and created a new
WSS_Content database which is selected for searching, but doesn't contain
any data... or some new data only.
Still puzzled, no search...

"Daniel Bugday" <itkonsult(a)gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:42 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

Besides, inCentral configuration I see under search services a
Besides, in

Central configuration I see under search services a WSS_Search_WEBSRV1
database....
Which one is what???

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:00 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

Re: WSS not indexing my content
Under: Central Administration > Application Management > Content Databases
I've added my old content database. Nowit looks like this:

Database Name Database Status Current Number of Sites Site Level
Warning Maximum Number of Sites
WSS_Content Started 1 9000 15000
WSS_Mondial Started 0 9000 15000

1) I need that my all content is located in WSS_Mondial, not in WSS_Content.
2) I have the following databases. Please, help me to understand which one
is what... How to set them up properly for indexing and enabling search.
name
WSS_Mondial
ReportServer$SQLEXPRESS
ReportServer$SQLEXPRESSTempDB
SharePoint_Config
SharePoint_AdminContent_ddb1a1af-6776-4013-add2-33c7a279838c
WSS_Content
WSS_Search_WEBSRV1

(14 row(s) affected)

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:19 AM
Daniel Bugday wrote:

Did you not upgrade the Content Database from WID?
Did you not upgrade the Content Database from WID?

You should only have one Content Database (your upgraded DB)

The WSS_Search_WEBSRV1 database is the database for the search service.

You could check out this stsadm operation which allows you to move a site
collection from one ContentDB to another:

Mergecontentdbs: Stsadm operation (Windows SharePoint Services)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288557(TechNet.10).aspx

/Daniel Bugday
http://www.sharepointforum.com/
http://www.sharepointforum.com/en-US/Blog/default.aspx

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:09 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

I have followed upgraded but I think I didn't set up the content database name
I have followed upgraded but I think I didn't set up the content database
name correctly. The content is now located in WSS_Content database. So I've
removed now the WSS_MONDIAL database and the site keeps functioning.
However, the search is not yet available...

How can I troubleshoot and fix it? Please, help.

"Daniel Bugday" <itkonsult(a)gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:25 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

I've tried a SQL Profiler to verify what's goint inside databases.
I've tried a SQL Profiler to verify what's goint inside databases. I see
only this result:

exec sp_bcp_dbcmptlevel "WSS_Search_WEBSRV1" SET FMTONLY ON Select * from
MSSCrawledPropSamples SET FMTONLY OFF exec
"WSS_Search_WEBSRV1"..sp_tablecollations
'"WSS_Search_WEBSRV1"..MSSCrawledPropSamples'

Maybe I have to recreate/rebuild a search database somehow? Does it worth
it? How to do that if yes?

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:08 AM
Daniel Bugday wrote:

If have noticed a coupple of times that the search service isn't working.
If have noticed a coupple of times that the search service isn't working.

What i have done is:

1. Stop the search service in central admin
2. Delete the search database in SQL Server
3. Start the search service in central admin and have the service create a
new Search Database

You could try this steps if you wan't but make sure you have all the backups
needed in SQL Server if something goes wrong :)

/Daniel Bugday
http://www.sharepointforum.com/
http://www.sharepointforum.com/en-US/Blog/default.aspx

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:13 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

Re: WSS not indexing my content
I've ran this command:

STSADM -o spsearch -action fullcrawlstartand can see the following errors in
application log:

Type: Error
Event ID: 2424
Source: Windows Sharepoint Services 3 Search
Category: Gatherer
The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed.
Fix the errors and try the update again.
Context: Application 'Search', Catalog 'index file on the search server
Search'

Event ID: 5586
Source: Windows Sharepoint Services 3
Unknown SQL Exception 233 occured. Additional error information from SQL
Server is included below.
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server.
(provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end
of the pipe.)

How to solve this?

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:55 AM
Daniel Bugday wrote:

There seems to be an error connecting to the Search Database.
There seems to be an error connecting to the Search Database.

I would try the steps explained in earlier post.

or..

stsadm -o spsearch -action stop [-f]

For reference of -spsearch:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288507(TechNet.10).aspx

/Daniel Bugday
http://www.sharepointforum.com/
http://www.sharepointforum.com/en-US/Blog/default.aspx

"Zaur Bahramov" <zbakhramov(a)msn.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:43 AM
Zaur Bahramov wrote:

OK. It worked!
OK. It worked!
I've stopped the search engine, deleted the search database and recreated
the database from the scratch. Also, I've controlled permissions of the user
from which name sharepoint connects to this database.
Now it works!

Thank you very much!

"Daniel Bugday" <itkonsult(a)gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Task Parallelism in C# 4.0 with System.Threading.Tasks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/21013a52-fe11-4af8-bf8b-50cfd1a51577/task-parallelism-in-c-4.aspx