From: Goldrake on
Maybe somebody of you followed my previous post "WSS3 database down...".
Maybe I'm stupid but the fact is that i'm not able to do anything i read in
kb, posts, white paper, etc.etc..

So... i decide to reset all : uninstall wss3 and reinstall.

I have the backup of content db (mdf file) and checked that there are in all
the documents I need.

Assuming that I have a new wss3 instance with the default db, is there
anybody that could tell me how I can attach or restore that db ?

Thank you

From: bathawes on
Hi Goldrake,

I refer you to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888041

Basically, if the content DB is attached and the permissions are
correct in SQL, its just a case of adding the content DB via central
administration.

That can be achieved by doing the following:

If you are running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0:

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and
then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
Click Application Management, and then click Content databases under
SharePoint Web Application Management.
On the Manage Content Databases page, click Add a content database.
In the Web Application area, click the name of the Web application to
which you want to add the content database.
In the Database Name and Authentication area, specify the name of the
database, the name of the database server, and the authentication
method.
In the Database Capacity Settings area, type the number that you want
in the Number of sites before a warning event is generated box and in
the Maximum number of sites that can be created in this database box,
and then click OK.

Pages: 1
Prev: How to connect WSS db from remote ??
Next: Thanx