From: David Kaye on
Notice that once we suggested that the person asking how to change an IP
address in VB might be writing a rogue program such as a spybot, there have
been no more posts about it.

Did we just rat out someone?

From: MikeD on

"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Notice that once we suggested that the person asking how to change an IP
> address in VB might be writing a rogue program such as a spybot, there
> have
> been no more posts about it.
>
> Did we just rat out someone?

Not necessarily. It could have been a legit reason, but a reasonable person
would probably just figure he's not going to get help with it. At least
here.

--
Mike

From: C. Kevin Provance on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Notice that once we suggested that the person asking how to change an IP
| address in VB might be writing a rogue program such as a spybot, there
have
| been no more posts about it.
|
| Did we just rat out someone?

Do we care?

From: CY on
On 13 Feb, 17:46, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:
> "David Kaye" <sfdavidka...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> | Notice that once we suggested that the person asking how to change an IP
> | address in VB might be writing a rogue program such as a spybot, there
> have
> | been no more posts about it.
> |
> | Did we just rat out someone?
> |

> Do we care?

David, I do care
Mike, That would be my position too, but changing MAC is even worse...
Like the DECNet Irons do... AA-00-04-00-0A-14 (5.10) )and then
another one comes along with the same... ;)
Kevin, for a moment U did ;) (wrote that response)

The line is thin, but I think what I've seen those scriptkiddys dont
get help here, they get it from search engines... But if for a
"whatever" Q then the application can be harmful.

A boy from Norway wanted to listen to his CD:s on a Linux PC, it didnt
work so he had to fix it (go around the CSS or whatever) and published
that, is that wrong too?

As I said, a thin line between jail and heaven.

//CY
From: Ralph on

"CY" <christery(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 13 Feb, 17:46, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:
> > "David Kaye" <sfdavidka...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > | Notice that once we suggested that the person asking how to change an
IP
> > | address in VB might be writing a rogue program such as a spybot, there
> > have
> > | been no more posts about it.
> > |
> > | Did we just rat out someone?
> > |

> > Do we care?
>
> David, I do care
> Mike, That would be my position too, but changing MAC is even worse...
> Like the DECNet Irons do... AA-00-04-00-0A-14 (5.10) )and then
> another one comes along with the same... ;)
> Kevin, for a moment U did ;) (wrote that response)
>
> The line is thin, but I think what I've seen those scriptkiddys dont
> get help here, they get it from search engines... But if for a
> "whatever" Q then the application can be harmful.
>
> A boy from Norway wanted to listen to his CD:s on a Linux PC, it didnt
> work so he had to fix it (go around the CSS or whatever) and published
> that, is that wrong too?
>
> As I said, a thin line between jail and heaven.

Or "Hack or Crack".

I always get a kick out of 'hackers' getting violent at being called
"crackers", while "crackers" consider themselves simple "hackers".

-ralph