From: Here In Oregon on
1. Reaper I am getting now; in fact very well. I just needed time under
the hood to figure out where things are and I now feel very confident with
learning it. Recording tracks with input monitoring at 0.7 ms with multiple
tracks, compression, delay and PERFECT SPACE reverb in *real time* and my
CPU isn't even cracking a sweat.

Reaper's CPU performance meter never passed 2 percent of CPU usage. I
could never ever run Perfect Space in real time and I have never been able
to go less than 3 ms with input monitoring. I never thought I would see
this day in my lifetime. I am in DAW heaven.

2. My routing matrix is getting fixed with all my cables and Reaper has
helped me dearly in that department.

3. I will not need to overclock this board. <g>

4. Vintage Channel shows up with all of its parameters and I can move dials
but is disabled.
Reaper warns me that it is disabled before it loads it.

5. I just checked my internet speed test at multiple sites and my new
computer is getting 41 Mb/per second. That is way better than all of my
other machines and 11 Mb/ps better than I have ever surfed before.

6. Glennbo, do you mind being an intermediary and ask Justin (that's his
name isn't it) to program the 01v96 as a control surface in Reaper like some
of the other controllers? If you are not bosom buddies with him, I will put
in a request.

Also I am still looking for better looking color themes. Pro tools, Cubase,
Nuendo, Digital Performer and Sonar look better IMHO but I can live with it
for now. <g>

I would like to buy everyone a Glennbo home brewed beer. Glennbo, I know
you cannot email your beer (a different thread) but you can ship via Fedex
and UPS can't you. How about it? What are you gonna charge me to buy your
beer per Oregon bottle for this entire house?

HIO
--
Proverbs Ch.18 Vs.17 Any story sounds true until someone sets the record
straight.

From: Bob Donald on
Yeah, that program seems to have a way to win you over quickly, doesnt it?
Glennbo suggested it on here just as I was about to upgrade my Sonar, so I
thought I'd try it. Havent looked back since!

From: Steve L. on
"Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in

> Also I am still looking for better looking color themes. Pro tools,
> Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and Sonar look better IMHO but I can
> live with it for now. <g>

Here's one called pro tools ... Can't say if it sctually looks like pro
tools but I lke it anyhow

http://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=pro+tools
From: Here In Oregon on

"Bob Donald"
> Yeah, that program seems to have a way to win you over quickly, doesnt it?
> Glennbo suggested it on here just as I was about to upgrade my Sonar, so I
> thought I'd try it. Havent looked back since!

I was giving it a shootout but have been busy with other things today. Will
continue to work with it daily. I am really impressed so far for what my
needs are. It has one heck of an audio engine and its body is really light.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Steve L." <emailme(a)myemail.addy> wrote in message
> "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in
>
>> Also I am still looking for better looking color themes. Pro tools,
>> Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and Sonar look better IMHO but I can
>> live with it for now. <g>
>>

> Here's one called pro tools ... Can't say if it sctually looks like pro
> tools but I lke it anyhow
>
> http://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=pro+tools

Thanks Steve. Around a year ago there was some guy over there at the
Cockos' Reaper forum (user) who was developing a Pro Tools theme and I think
it looked a little better than the one you posted. Everyone couldn't wait
for him to download it when he was finished, and then suddenly he just left
and went over to Nuendo. Do you know anything about that?