From: George Kerby on

On 4/23/10 11:45 AM, in article ufj3t5t1rn87tesu5q185npsnjjm1v9gl7(a)4ax.com,
"Kyle Abhams" <where(a)what.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:18:33 -0700, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Kyle Abhams wrote:
>>>
>>> 16 to 28 milliseconds is hardly a shutter-lag making eternity.
>>
>> Bzzzzzzt.
>
> Then I suggest you measure the 60-90 milliseconds that it takes your
> archaic DSLR design to move its loudly slapping, image-jarring, humidity
> condensing, and sight-obstructing (when lifted), mirror out of the way.

Bang! Just bagged another sock...

From: George Kerby on

On 4/23/10 11:56 AM, in article jnj3t5hhnp5k6857uml4gga8h3ki5j72s0(a)4ax.com,
"Phil B." <pblackwell(a)spamlessyahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:36:19 +0100, "11:11" <1112(a)1113.com> wrote:
>
>> "RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
>>> camera?
>>> Nikon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored camera and/or an ,
>>> high megapixel FF camera that doesn't cost $8000?
>>> Olympus. Will they dump DSLRs?
>>> Pentax. Will they release a FF camera, will they survive?
>>> Sony. Will they release a non-boring entry level camera?
>>> Fuji. Will they release a new pro DSLR or any interchangeable lens
>>> camera?
>>> Sigma. Does anyone care?
>>> Samsung. Will they make a dent in 4/3rds sales?
>>

>> I'm wondering when someone will bring out a large sensor p&s that takes
>> photos when you actually press the button and maybe even a decent burst
>> rate.
>>

> Do catch up with reality some day. Cameras like that have been out for many
> years now. Most P&S cameras today have shutter-lags far less than any DSLR
> made today. Shutter-lags on the order of 30-45ms. They don't have to waste
> time lifting that loud slapping mirror out of the way. All DSLR shutter-lag
> averages 60-130ms or more. Some P&S cameras even take continuous frames
> held in the buffer and will let you keep several shots that were taken
> before you even press the shutter. In order for you to get those images
> where in the past you saw something happening, lifted the camera, and said
> to yourself, "Damn, I just missed that shot". The camera has already been
> taking them for you, then lets you select which one it was that you thought
> you had missed and wanted.
>
> Are you DSLR fools really this ignorant? No, don't bother answering that.
> You prove it with every post that you make. Keep on living in last
> century's technology. Ignorance is bliss after-all, isn't it.

And another one!

From: Ray Fischer on
Ray Shafranski <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
>> camera?
>> Nikon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored camera and/or an ,
>> high megapixel FF camera that doesn't cost $8000?
>> Olympus. Will they dump DSLRs?
>> Pentax. Will they release a FF camera, will they survive?
>> Sony. Will they release a non-boring entry level camera?
>> Fuji. Will they release a new pro DSLR or any interchangeable lens
>> camera?
>> Sigma. Does anyone care?
>> Samsung. Will they make a dent in 4/3rds sales?
>
>The lifting mirror and the pentaprism/pentamirror are relics of film days
>and should be replaced on all DSLR designs.

Gee, you're so smart. I wonder why millions of people don't listen to
you and simply abandon SLRs.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:39:37 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
>>camera?
>
>Yes, because they risk getting left behind if they don't.

Smirk. Another armchair CEO.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Joel Connor on
On 22 Apr 2010 16:37:39 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Ray Shafranski <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>>"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
>>> camera?
>>> Nikon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored camera and/or an ,
>>> high megapixel FF camera that doesn't cost $8000?
>>> Olympus. Will they dump DSLRs?
>>> Pentax. Will they release a FF camera, will they survive?
>>> Sony. Will they release a non-boring entry level camera?
>>> Fuji. Will they release a new pro DSLR or any interchangeable lens
>>> camera?
>>> Sigma. Does anyone care?
>>> Samsung. Will they make a dent in 4/3rds sales?
>>
>>The lifting mirror and the pentaprism/pentamirror are relics of film days
>>and should be replaced on all DSLR designs.
>
>Gee, you're so smart. I wonder why millions of people don't listen to
>you and simply abandon SLRs.

That must be sarcasm because millions do. The smart ones do today, anyway.
Check to see how many high-quality P&S cameras are bought compared to how
many cameras are bought with last century's archaic SLR design. The numbers
bought and used make the non-SLR designs the clear winners by a huge
margin.

Some of them even rival the print quality of up to 13x18" in size when
pitted against a medium-format sensored Hasselblad. Something that DSLRs
can't even do.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml