From: Les Ismore on
After doing a clean install of windows 7 and installing Office 2010, I
attempted to configure Outlook for my work email by using a .prf file
supplied by the company. Outlook fails to open, and I am presented with the
error message "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook
must be online or connected to complete this action". I have noticed that
several others have had a similar problem, but none of the solutions
suggested have worked for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
Office, deleting the mail account and rerunning the .prf file, and manually
configuring the account according to the companies specs. Nothing works.
I've also read several posts about changing registry entries, but they all
refer to entries that I do not have.
Any suggestions?
--
Windows 7 Ultimate
Acer M5800, Intel Core2 Quad Q8200, 2 GB DDR3, Nvidia G210