From: jo5030 on
I am running Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. Ever since I
have upgraded (I think) I am getting the error 'The data file was not closed
properly. Checking for problems'. This eventually resolves itself.

I know that I have closed it down correctly.

Any suggestions? I have checked the Add-Ins, and the only ones that are
left weem to be official MS ones
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Are you syncing with a smartphone or ipod? Using any software that accesses
outlook data, like desktop gadgets?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

From: jo5030 on
Yes I am - I have an iPhone that is running a calendar app that synchronises
with Outlook. Do you see this happening?

I will disable it and then experiment

From: Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com on
http://aspadvice.com/blogs/ssmith/archive/2007/05/14/Outlook-Data-File-PST-Not-Closed-Properly.aspx

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Yes, it's the iphone sync that causes it. Make sure you have the latest
updates installed for your version of Outlook. Generally speaking, its more
annoying than anything - its rare for it to cause data loss.