From: PJR on
Setup a folder wherever you want > Edit > Preferences > Folders . Check the
Photoshop Plug-Ins box > Browse to your new folder, which should show up
after a FWs restart. Of course you will then have to move files from the
original location.

Peter
__________________

From: Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert** on
VorlonShadow wrote:
> Yes, actually, I do have that still available. As I recall It to get this
> affect, I would go to Eye Candy 4000 LE / Bevel Boss. So, you're absolutely
> right, it was a 3rd party extension. Is there any way to get this added into
> CS3? there was another one too, Alien Skin that I used every once in a while.
> How do I add these in?

If you still have the older version of Fireworks installed, copy the
plug in into the plug in folder of the new version, or better yet, add
all plug-ins to a new folder on your hard drive you can point all
graphics programs top.

--
Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
http://www.projectseven.com
From: VorlonShadow on
OK. I'm not familiar with extensions and how to install them. It cam
pre-installed in the old version of Fireworks, I guess. I have, however,
located the files. They are in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Fireworks MX
2004\Plug-Ins. But, there are a lot of files in there, some of which may
belong to that, some of which may not. Should I copy all of these files in, or
just some of them? If just some, which ones?

Here's a list of the files:
Alien Skinformation.html
BMP Import Export.x32
ec4k_carton2.gif
EMLaunch.dll
<DIR> Eye Candy 4000 Settings
EyeCandy4000.8bf
FlashPlayerW.dll
FreeHand Reader.dll
Gemstone.dll
gsdll32.dll
mix32.x32
PSPalImp.x32
<DIR> Settings
Splat LE Core.dll
Splat LE-eng.8bf
splat_carton.gif
Targa Import.x32
TIFF Import Export.x32
TwainAgent.x32
WBMP Import Export.x32

From: PJR on
I would copy

Eye Candy 4000 Settings
EyeCandy4000.8bf
Splat LE Core.dll
Splat LE-eng.8bf

but it wouldn't hurt to copy the lot, I don't think.

Peter

From: VorlonShadow on
Yup, that did it. I just copied everything out to another folder, changed FW
to point to that folder as the plug-in folder, and I now have that affect back,
and can use it in CS3.

Thanks for the help everyone.