From: VorlonShadow on
We just upgraded from the Dreamweaver MX 2004 suite to CS3. I have several
images that I created in Fireworks MX 2004 that contain a certain effect
labeled "Bevel Boss..." (I can't see the rest of it). It basically makes it
look 3D-ish. When I load these graphics in Fireworks CS3, everything is
"flat", and when I double-click on that effect, I get the message, "This effect
is missing and cannot be edited." Is there anything I can do to get that
effect back, or do I just have to re-do everything to try to get the same
effect back using the currently available effects?

From: Alex MariƱo on
Would you be able to upload the png file somewhere to take a look?

Is the effect available if you start a new file?

alex

From: VorlonShadow on
Sure, I could upload it. Where do you suggest I upload it to?

I wouldn't know for sure which affect to select. I did find a very similar
affect by going to Bevel & Emboss and selecting Inner Bevel. That seems to
give me the same thing I'm looking for. However, when I export, the colors are
different than before.

From: Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert** on
Ilya Razmanov wrote:

> As long as I remember "Belel Boss" was the name of some plugin, although
> I do not quite remember who developed it. Sounds like you had this
> plugin installed but do not have it any longer, or your copy of FW is
> not configured to search for it. Is your previous version of FW still
> installed so you may check plugin related stuff out?

It was an EyeCandy 4000 one that came in a sample group of plugins with
older versions of FW.

--
Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
http://www.projectseven.com
From: VorlonShadow on
Yes, actually, I do have that still available. As I recall It to get this
affect, I would go to Eye Candy 4000 LE / Bevel Boss. So, you're absolutely
right, it was a 3rd party extension. Is there any way to get this added into
CS3? there was another one too, Alien Skin that I used every once in a while.
How do I add these in?