From: OwenBot on
> > Any sign of those games reviews I asked about? :)
>
> I dunno, which ones were they?

I was looking for reviews of the following. If you have any of them to
hand please email them to me at cheveron[at]gmail[dot]com. If not,
don't worry about it.

* Hop'n'Chop
* Iron Sphere
* Izzy Wizzy
* Loco Bingo
* Megaplex
* Quantum Gardening
* Rough Justice
* Slubberdegullion
* Stronghold
* Sudoku
* Telly Heroes

Cheers!

-Andrew
From: BloodBaz on
Hi Shaun,

Have you covered any topics related to computer magazines of the day?
I used to love getting Crash! magazine but as you know, commerical
magazines were massive.
To do a "look back" at magazines I could suggest reflection on:
- their methods of reviewing and scoring games
- the tips/cheats/map sections that were so popular; some maps were
very artistic.
- adverts for hardware (as well as games)
- the editors behind the mags

Regarding hardware review, I agree with Andrew that sourcing of
hardware for review should be possible without buying the kit
outright. The stuff done by fruitcake in extending what can be done
with an Sinclair Interface II is pretty interesting
http://www.fruitcake.plus.com/Sinclair/Interface2/Cartridges/Interface2_RC_ZXC3.htm

Cheers,
BloodBaz

From: commodorecomputerclub on
On 27 June, 00:32, BloodBaz <chris.wa...(a)real-sense.com> wrote:
> Hi Shaun,
>
> Have you covered any topics related to computer magazines of the day?
> I used to love getting Crash! magazine but as you know, commerical
> magazines were massive.
> To do a "look back" at magazines I could suggest reflection on:
> - their methods of reviewing and scoring games
> - the tips/cheats/map sections that were so popular; some maps were
> very artistic.
> - adverts for hardware (as well as games)
> - the editors behind the mags
>
> Regarding hardware review, I agree with Andrew that sourcing of
> hardware for review should be possible without buying the kit
> outright.  The stuff done by fruitcake in extending what can be done
> with an Sinclair Interface II is pretty interestinghttp://www.fruitcake.plus.com/Sinclair/Interface2/Cartridges/Interfac...
>
> Cheers,
> BloodBaz

Cheers BloodBaz. Impressive... most impressive.

So, who's gonna loan me one of those bad boyz?

Regards,

Shaun.
From: commodorecomputerclub on
Hopefully, I've got a new template to work from which should make my
life a whole lot easier.

Firstly, should I review games, generally they won't be more that 300
words (up to half my column) rather than the page I've lavished on
such things in the past. I'll happily review hardware (should I be
able to afford or loan it) on the same basis; obviously, should I feel
that I need to devote a whole page to a simple game review, I will,
but it seems a bit of a waste with regard to the amount of people who
read my column for the games reviews.

Of course, I'm going to have a 'hack of the week' thingy every now and
then, be it a hack such as Jet Pac Advanced on the Speccy or a
hardware hack that someone has implemented. At a future point, I
could devote some column inches to a 'assembly routine of the week' or
something.

So, if anyone has any news (particularly non-gaming related) then
please feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Shaun.
From: ibisum on
I think you really should be reviewing the homebrew games that are
being released .. this would be a very valuable effort and might
motivate the scene to grow a bit more ..