From: oriel36 on
On Aug 2, 1:37 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
After that, the
> > > Newtonian laws are proved valid in infinite denoted relative and
> > > apparent inertial frames moving with all possible absolute uniform
> > > velocities with respect to the absolute one, over the base to consider
> > > the same absolute time in all of them.
>
> > No, sir. That is incorrect.
>
> I am only describing what can be read in 1687 Newton’s “Principia…”.
>
> RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)

You poor thing but you seem to be enjoying yourself anyway.

There once was a participant here ,I think it was greywolf42,who use
to say that nothing moves in spacetime but that is not entirely
true,at least not as they retained Newton's absolute/relative
framework for observations (relative space) and modelling (absolute
space and motion).

Not only does everything move in spacetime,it moves in shorter
circuits around Polaris,you can even see it in action -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwSlkJG8gTU

You can read the Principia backwards and forwards but it takes an
astronomer to know what Newton is doing and far from being shoddy and
careless,the distortions are elaborate and nothing like the junk
everyone here dumps on him in order to turn him into a prop for
relativity -

"PHÆNOMENON IV.
That the fixed stars being at rest, the periodic times of the five
primary planets, and (whether of the sun about the earth, or) of the
earth about the sun, are in the sesquiplicate proportion of their
mean
distances from the sun." Newton

Shame that nobody can appreciate the audacity of that statement but
the framework Isaac used that you call 'inertial space' is actually
moving in a spectacular way.I don't mind the hypocrisy of people here
as they argue to and fro about relativity but you all end up caught up
in Isaac's imagination in the end,a very lonesome place to be if you
do not know the way out.

From: BURT on
Unmarked invisible space is an absolute frame for the motion of matter
and light. It is possible for energy to move behind light at near its
speed causing it to inch ahead of matter's frame.

Mitch Raemsch