From: valls on
Let be n bodies, each one with a different mass and separated among
all them at huge distances (as great as you want). Following 1905
Relativity, how many different inertial frames we have here, and the
trajectories of what bodies can be described in each one of them?

RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)
From: Androcles on

<valls(a)icmf.inf.cu> wrote in message
| Let be n bodies, each one with a different mass and separated among
| all them at huge distances (as great as you want). Following 1905
| Relativity, how many different inertial frames we have here

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/inertial.JPG
There no inertial frames in 1905 relativity, that is a figment
of your crazed imagination.

From: BURT on
On Jul 13, 12:42 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z>
wrote:
> <va...(a)icmf.inf.cu> wrote in message

> | Let be n bodies, each one with a different mass and separated among
> | all them at huge distances (as great as you want). Following 1905
> | Relativity, how many different inertial frames we have here
>
>    http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/inertial.JPG
> There no inertial frames in 1905 relativity, that is a figment
> of your crazed imagination.

If you speed up mass its gravity goes up by Gamma.

Mitch Raemsch
From: valls on
On 13 jul, 14:42, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
> <va...(a)icmf.inf.cu> wrote in message

> | Let be n bodies, each one with a different mass and separated among
> | all them at huge distances (as great as you want). Following 1905
> | Relativity, how many different inertial frames we have here
>
>    http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/inertial.JPG
> There no inertial frames in 1905 relativity, that is a figment
> of your crazed imagination.

In the 30Jun1905 Einstein's paper it is denoted "stationary system" a
"system of co-ordinates in which the equations of Newtonian mechanics
hold good". That kind of system is not for you an inertial one? In
case of negative answer, what is for you an inertial frame in 1905?
This last question has no relation at all with 1905 Relativity.

RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)
From: harald on
On Jul 13, 9:34 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> Let be n bodies, each one with a different mass and separated among
> all them at huge distances (as great as you want). Following 1905
> Relativity, how many different inertial frames we have here, and the
> trajectories of what bodies can be described in each one of them?
>
> RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)

Rafael, I will give you here again my more precise translation
(admittedly less smooth) of a few phrases of the introduction of
Einstein's paper to which you are referring, as the original is subtly
different from the official translation:

"Examples of this sort, together with the unsuccessful attempts to
discover any motion of the earth relatively to the ``light medium,''
lead to the presumption that the concepts of absolute rest not
only in mechanics, but also in electrodynamics do not correspond to
properties of the phenomena. They suggest rather that for all
coordinate systems for which the equations of mechanics hold good,
also the same laws of electrodynamics and optics hold good, as has
already been shown to the first order."

Technically speaking, 1905 relativity speaks of *coordinate systems* -
and according to that theory, we have as many inertial (Newtonian)
coordinate systems as in Newton's mechanics - which is as many as you
want. All trajectories of all bodies can be described in each of them;
SRT added the claim that this old mechanics concept should *also*
perfectly work for electrodynamics.

Good luck. ;-)

Harald