From: valls on
On 19 jul, 08:13, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 19, 10:24 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:

> > > A frame associated with an object in inertial motion, though in our part of
> > > the universe at least, such objects don't exist due to the influence of
> > > gravity.  One can only give 'real' examples of frames that are close to
> > > inertial.  How much such a frame differs from inertial needs to be taken
> > > into account when performing experiments or analysing observations.
>
> > > Of course. . that doesn't alter your misunderstandings of the 1905 paper
> > > that introduced relativity.
>
> > The frame that you reject first for being non-inertial is precisely
> > the best example of what today is recognized as a very exact inertial
> > frame, the ECI.
>
> Wrong ( in terms of SR ) .. from GR perspective, as the earth is in
> free-fall, it is equivalent to an inertial frame .. but only locally.
> Once you put the sun etc in the picture, then it is not.

The topic of this thread is only 1905 Relativity. I don’t care about
Special Relativity (where gravity is out), and much less about General
Relativity. When I refer to the inertial frame where the Earth is
rotating, I mean the stationary system used by 1905 Einstein in his
example at the end of paragraph 4 in his 30Jun1905 paper (the today
denoted ECI).
> > And we have gravity here, inside the ECI determining
> > the satellite orbits (affecting also clock running) and outside the
> > ECI determining the Earth’s orbit around the Sun. Where do you see
> > here a uniform velocity movement in straight line?
>
> Nowhere .. if you view from the 'outside' .. its not inertial.  But
> locally we can treat the ECI as inertial in GR.

See my previous comment. I have nothing to do with the local ECI of SR
or with GR.
> > Same remark about
> > the Solar System (the more exact inertial frame known by men) that is
> > moving around the Galaxy following a non-straight line trajectory.
> > See with care. You don’t need an external uniform velocity for a
> > system to be an inertial one.
>
> You do

Not in the sense of 1905 Einstein stationary system, a one in which
Newtonian equations hold good. Refer the 1905 text where the
stationary system must be one moving with a uniform velocity
(different from the zero one, of course).
> > I am using the 1905 Einstein definition
> > about what an inertial system (stationary system) is, a one in which
> > the equations of Newtonian mechanics hold good.
>
> They don't in an accelerating system.

The ECI (a centre of mass inertial frame) is moving with a
gravitational centripetal acceleration around the centre of mass of
the Earth-Moon inertial system (and this last one with a similar
acceleration in the Solar System centre of mass inertial frame) And
Newton’s laws hold very good in the ECI. In a centre of mass inertial
frame (a Newtonian concept developed long before 1905 Einstein), the
reference frame and the referenced bodies are one and the same thing.

From: artful on
On Jul 20, 12:40 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> On 19 jul, 08:13, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > The frame that you reject first for being non-inertial is precisely
> > > the best example of what today is recognized as a very exact inertial
> > > frame, the ECI.
>
> > Wrong ( in terms of SR ) .. from GR perspective, as the earth is in
> > free-fall, it is equivalent to an inertial frame .. but only locally.
> > Once you put the sun etc in the picture, then it is not.
>
> The topic of this thread is only 1905 Relativity.

Same as Sr

> I don’t care about
> Special Relativity (where gravity is out),

Its the same thing. Your failure to understand that is your problem

> and much less about General
> Relativity. When I refer to the inertial frame where the Earth is
> rotating, I mean the stationary system used by 1905 Einstein in his
> example at the end of paragraph 4 in his 30Jun1905 paper  (the today
> denoted ECI).

It was just a simple example .. not a definition of what an inertial
frame is. Gees. You read WAY to much into things to the point of
completely misunderstanding the intent

> > > And we have gravity here, inside the ECI determining
> > > the satellite orbits (affecting also clock running) and outside the
> > > ECI determining the Earth’s orbit around the Sun. Where do you see
> > > here a uniform velocity movement in straight line?
>
> > Nowhere .. if you view from the 'outside' .. its not inertial.  But
> > locally we can treat the ECI as inertial in GR.
>
> See my previous comment. I have nothing to do with the local ECI of SR
> or with GR.

You're the one talking about them. That you don't understand that
that is what you're talking about is your problem.

> > > Same remark about
> > > the Solar System (the more exact inertial frame known by men) that is
> > > moving around the Galaxy following a non-straight line trajectory.
> > > See with care. You don’t need an external uniform velocity for a
> > > system to be an inertial one.
>
> > You do
>
> Not in the *sense of 1905 Einstein stationary system, a one in which
> Newtonian equations hold good.

Yes.. you do

> Refer the 1905 text where the
> stationary system must be one moving with a uniform velocity
> (different from the zero one, of course).

So how does that show that you do NOT need a uniform velocity, when
you give an example from the paper where it IS in uniform velocity

> > > I am using the 1905 Einstein definition
> > > about what an inertial system (stationary system) is, a one in which
> > > the equations of Newtonian mechanics hold good.
>
> > They don't in an accelerating system.
>
> The ECI (a centre of mass inertial frame) is moving with a
> gravitational centripetal acceleration around the centre of mass of
> the Earth-Moon inertial system (and this last one with a similar
> acceleration in the Solar System centre of mass inertial frame) And
> Newton’s laws hold very good in the ECI.

Only when considered locally (as GR says). of course, an object on
the earth surface doesn't satisfy that, as obejcts won't continue in
stright line motion .. they accelerate 'downward'

> In a centre of mass inertial
> frame (a Newtonian concept developed long before 1905 Einstein), the
> reference frame and the referenced bodies are one and the same thing.

Nope. The origin of the frame will correspond with the centre of mass
of the body .. but that doesn't make them the same thing. Please..
try to keep up with physics,.

From: valls on
On 19 jul, 09:58, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 12:40 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:

> > > Wrong ( in terms of SR ) .. from GR perspective, as the earth is in
> > > free-fall, it is equivalent to an inertial frame .. but only locally.
> > > Once you put the sun etc in the picture, then it is not.
>
> > The topic of this thread is only 1905 Relativity.
>
> Same as Sr

Read by yourself the 1905 text to convince that 1905 Relativity
(1905R) is not Special Relativity (SR), a denotation introduced by
1916 Einstein to distinguish his previous work on Relativity from his
new General Relativity (GR) theory. Between 1905 and 1916 many changes
were introduced in Relativity. For example, space and time remain
separated in 1905R, but they were united in the space-time concept
developed in the work of 1907 Minkowski. In 1905R is used Euclidean
geometry, Cartesian coordinates and Newtonian mechanics (see the
beginning of the paragraph 1 in the 30Jun1905 paper), different from
today SR characterized by a pseudo-Euclidean geometry. Gravity was
declared out from SR, but in the real example present in 1905R (at the
end of paragraph 4 of the same referenced paper), we find as the
moving system a clock at the equator with a gravitational centripetal
accelerated circular path. Is that already sufficient to you to
understand that 1905R and SR is not the same thing?
> > I don’t care about
> > Special Relativity (where gravity is out),
>
> Its the same thing.  Your failure to understand that is your problem

See my previous comment.
> > and much less about General
> > Relativity. When I refer to the inertial frame where the Earth is
> > rotating, I mean the stationary system used by 1905 Einstein in his
> > example at the end of paragraph 4 in his 30Jun1905 paper  (the today
> > denoted ECI).
>
> It was just a simple example .. not a definition of what an inertial
> frame is.  Gees.  You read WAY to much into things to the point of
> completely misunderstanding the intent

Read at the beginning of paragraph 1 about what type of system
(denoted by him “stationary”) is 1905 Einstein managing. A reference
system “in which the equation of Newtonian mechanics hold good”
corresponds to what is denoted in 1905 (and even today) inertial
frame.

> > > Nowhere .. if you view from the 'outside' .. its not inertial.  But
> > > locally we can treat the ECI as inertial in GR.
>
> > See my previous comment. I have nothing to do with the local ECI of SR
> > or with GR.
>
> You're the one talking about them.  That you don't understand that
> that is what you're talking about is your problem.

You are the one here not understanding yet that 1905R and SR is not
the same thing. I reference the Earth rotating in a 1905 Einstein
stationary system, not as a local inertial frame related with SR and
GR. SR and GR were introduced only by you.

> > > You do
>
> > Not in the *sense of 1905 Einstein stationary system, a one in which
> > Newtonian equations hold good.
>
> Yes.. you do

No, I don’t. Neither me or 1905 Einstein talks about having a uniform
velocity as a condition to be an inertial frame. Remember that 1905
Einstein refers an inertial frame as a stationary one.
> > Refer the 1905 text where the
> > stationary system must be one moving with a uniform velocity
> > (different from the zero one, of course).
>
> So how does that show that you do NOT need a uniform velocity, when
> you give an example from the paper where it IS in uniform velocity

You fail to refer the 1905 text where the uniform velocity condition
is put for an inertial frame (stationary system). Maybe you refer to
the moving system (clock at the equator) with a uniform speed?

> > > They don't in an accelerating system.
>
> > The ECI (a centre of mass inertial frame) is moving with a
> > gravitational centripetal acceleration around the centre of mass of
> > the Earth-Moon inertial system (and this last one with a similar
> > acceleration in the Solar System centre of mass inertial frame) And
> > Newton’s laws hold very good in the ECI.
>
> Only when considered locally (as GR says).  of course, an object on
> the earth surface doesn't satisfy that, as obejcts won't continue in
> stright line motion .. they accelerate 'downward'

I proved to you already that 1905R is not equal to SR. And the
stationary system 1905 Einstein uses in his example has nothing to do
with any “local” concept developed after 1905 (you know what an
“anachronism” is?) In 1905R gravity is present, it is considered out
from SR after 1905.
> >  In a centre of mass inertial
> > frame (a Newtonian concept developed long before 1905 Einstein), the
> > reference frame and the referenced bodies are one and the same thing.
>
> Nope. The origin of the frame will correspond with the centre of mass
> of the body .. but that doesn't make them the same thing.  Please..
> try to keep up with physics,.

The centre of mass is determined by all the bodies involved, the
corresponding inertial frame is then determined by all the body set.
And later this same body set are the bodies (and the unique ones)
described in that inertial frame. The same body set is at the same
time the reference frame and he referenced bodies. As an example, all
the bodies of the Solar System determine de corresponding centre of
mass inertial frame (the centre of mass is a little out from the Sun),
and this same body set are the bodies (and only the ones) referenced
in the inertial frame that they themselves determine.

From: valls on
On 19 jul, 08:36, "Dono." <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jul 19, 3:35 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:

> > > Old fart, Tycho Brahe already did this almost 600 years ago. How dense
> > > are you?
>
> > We are talking here about inertial frames, the ones denoted by 1905
> > Einstein stationary systems, in which the equations of Newtonian
> > mechanics hold good. I insist, describe the Sun's trajectory in the
> > ECI using Newton's laws.
>
> Imbecile, Tycho Brahe already showed how this can be done 600 years
> ago. See here :http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s8-01/8-01.htm

Incredible! Tycho Brahe using Newton's laws. Surely he made a time
travel.

RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)
From: Androcles on

<valls(a)icmf.inf.cu> wrote in message
On 19 jul, 09:58, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 12:40 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:

> > > Wrong ( in terms of SR ) .. from GR perspective, as the earth is in
> > > free-fall, it is equivalent to an inertial frame .. but only locally.
> > > Once you put the sun etc in the picture, then it is not.
>
> > The topic of this thread is only 1905 Relativity.
>
> Same as Sr

Read by yourself the 1905 text to convince that 1905 Relativity
(1905R) is not Special Relativity (SR), a denotation introduced by
1916 Einstein to distinguish his previous work on Relativity from his
new General Relativity (GR) theory. Between 1905 and 1916 many changes
were introduced in Relativity. For example, space and time remain
separated in 1905R, but they were united in the space-time concept
developed in the work of 1907 Minkowski. In 1905R is used Euclidean
geometry, Cartesian coordinates and Newtonian mechanics (see the
beginning of the paragraph 1 in the 30Jun1905 paper), different from
today SR characterized by a pseudo-Euclidean geometry. Gravity was
declared out from SR, but in the real example present in 1905R (at the
end of paragraph 4 of the same referenced paper), we find as the
moving system a clock at the equator with a gravitational centripetal
accelerated circular path. Is that already sufficient to you to
understand that 1905R and SR is not the same thing?
SR is Chinese whispers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers