From: LithiumKid1976 on
HI
I connect to an external website provided by a external customer.
when i try to open a file from this site i get this error.

The page must be viewed over a secure channel
The page you are trying to access is secured with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).

Please try the following:

* Type https:// at the beginning of the address you are attempting to
reach and press ENTER.

HTTP Error 403.4 - Forbidden: SSL is required to view this resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

am i right in thinking that this is only a problem that can be resolved by
the company that run that website?
There is nothing i can do at my end, as i dont have access to the IIS for
this site?
From what ive been reading on line it looks like they would have to turn off
SSL?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Damien

From: Anthony Jones on

"LithiumKid1976" <Damien.j.brennan(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> HI
> I connect to an external website provided by a external customer.
> when i try to open a file from this site i get this error.

> The page must be viewed over a secure channel
> The page you are trying to access is secured with Secure Sockets Layer
> (SSL).
>
> Please try the following:
>
> * Type https:// at the beginning of the address you are attempting to
> reach and press ENTER.
>
> HTTP Error 403.4 - Forbidden: SSL is required to view this resource.
> Internet Information Services (IIS)
>
> am i right in thinking that this is only a problem that can be resolved by
> the company that run that website?
> There is nothing i can do at my end, as i dont have access to the IIS for
> this site?
> From what ive been reading on line it looks like they would have to turn
> off
> SSL?

Access the file via https instead of http, that seems to be what your
customer is requiring of you.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

From: LithiumKid1976 on
Hi Anthony
i cant seem to do that, as when i click on the link, it opens a new window,
with out the address bar. so there is no where to change the http address to
the https address.

Anything else i should try?
Damien

From: Anthony Jones on
> Hi Anthony
> i cant seem to do that, as when i click on the link, it opens a new
> window,
> with out the address bar. so there is no where to change the http address
> the https address.

Right mouse the new window and select properties.

Select the URL from the properties.

open a new tab in your original window and past the url in the address bar,
tweak http to https

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET