From: Nickols_K on
Hello!

Due the fact that previous name of the project (BIEW - Binary vIEWer)
has some negative associations in english it was renamed into BEYE
(Binary EYE)

BEYE (Binary EYE) is a free, portable, advanced file viewer with
built-in editor for binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. It
contains a highlight AVR/Java/i86-AMD64/ARM-XScale/PPC-64 and other
disassembler, full preview of MZ,NE,PE,ELF and other.

Details: http://beye.sourceforge.net
From: Frank Kotler on
Nickols_K wrote:
> Hello!

Hi Nick,

> Due the fact that previous name of the project (BIEW - Binary vIEWer)
> has some negative associations in english

Really? I'm a native English speaker (well... American variant), and the
only "association" I get from "Biew" is: a cool binary file viewer that
works on both Windows and Linux. Quite positive!

> it was renamed into BEYE
> (Binary EYE)

Pron: "bee yee"? I suppose not. I suppose "BUY!!!" (a rather
"commercial" association) or "bye" (like you're leaving us). Your
software, you can call it whatever you want, but I honestly think you've
made a mistake, Nick.

I'm in the habit of typing "nasm t.asm", "biew t". I hope "beye" will
run okay if I rename it to "biew". Easier than teaching an old dog new
tricks! :)

> BEYE (Binary EYE) is a free, portable, advanced file viewer with
> built-in editor for binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. It
> contains a highlight AVR/Java/i86-AMD64/ARM-XScale/PPC-64 and other
> disassembler, full preview of MZ,NE,PE,ELF and other.

Sounds great. Thanks!

> Details: http://beye.sourceforge.net

Mmmm, I'm getting a lot of errors from links on that page - "no forum
specified"... Either you haven't completed configuring your new page, or
SoreFog is screwed up... it happens...

Can't find anything actually named "beye" to download. I'll check again
in a couple days. Remind me!

[clax moderation note: I approved your message to clax. It has appeared
at Giganews (where we posted it), but has not yet appeared at
nntp.aioe.org. Dunno why. See what distribution this gets...]

Again, thanks for your work on biew/beye, Nick. Very useful tool!

Best,
Frank
From: Alexei A. Frounze on
On Feb 25, 1:50 pm, Frank Kotler
<fbkot...(a)nospicedham.myfairpoint.net> wrote:
> Nickols_K wrote:
> > Hello!
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> > Due the fact that previous name of the project (BIEW - Binary vIEWer)
> > has some negative associations in english
>
> Really? I'm a native English speaker (well... American variant), and the
> only "association" I get from "Biew" is: a cool binary file viewer that
> works on both Windows and Linux. Quite positive!
>
> > it was renamed into BEYE
> > (Binary EYE)
>
> Pron: "bee yee"? I suppose not. I suppose "BUY!!!" (a rather
> "commercial" association) or "bye" (like you're leaving us). Your
> software, you can call it whatever you want, but I honestly think you've
> made a mistake, Nick.
>
> I'm in the habit of typing "nasm t.asm", "biew t". I hope "beye" will
> run okay if I rename it to "biew". Easier than teaching an old dog new
> tricks! :)
>
> > BEYE (Binary EYE) is a free, portable, advanced file viewer with
> > built-in editor for binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. It
> > contains a highlight AVR/Java/i86-AMD64/ARM-XScale/PPC-64 and other
> > disassembler, full preview of MZ,NE,PE,ELF and other.
>
> Sounds great. Thanks!
>
> > Details:http://beye.sourceforge.net
>
> Mmmm, I'm getting a lot of errors from links on that page - "no forum
> specified"... Either you haven't completed configuring your new page, or
> SoreFog is screwed up... it happens...
>
> Can't find anything actually named "beye" to download. I'll check again
> in a couple days. Remind me!
>
> [clax moderation note: I approved your message to clax. It has appeared
> at Giganews (where we posted it), but has not yet appeared at
> nntp.aioe.org. Dunno why. See what distribution this gets...]
>
> Again, thanks for your work on biew/beye, Nick. Very useful tool!
>
> Best,
> Frank

Or it could've been B(IEW|EAU)TY or somesuch. :)

Alex
From: Nickols_K on
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=biew
From: James Van Buskirk on
<robertwessel2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 27, 4:49 pm, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)havenone.cmm> wrote:

> > Never heard of that. *Sound* of lasers firing? Since when does laser
> > light
> > make a sound? One powerful enought that it can ionize the air? When can
> > one even legally fire such a laser? My understanding is that it's
> > illegal
> > in all 50 USA states to discharge any laser sufficiently powerful that
> > it
> > can cause physical damage to a person. Such a laser is automatically
> > classified as a weapon. Usually, you cannot possess one or operate one
> > without acquiring licenses from the state you're in. Typically, since
> > it's
> > classified as a weapon, it's a felony for use without a license. That
> > goes
> > for just about everyone: doctors/hospitals, researchers/university,
> > police/military, manufacturers/sellers, etc. Powerful lasers without
> > proper
> > licensing is a legal no-no.

> Uhhh... In the movies or in video games...

Garbage. You can buy quite dangerous lasers online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs9jEukgTaA

6.0134700243160014d-154/),(/'x'/)); end