From: PauliePorsche on
I have to run lengthy simulations which involves generating numbers randomly literally millions of times. I ended up running this simulation, figured out I'll need to tweak some algos, and re-run the simulation

My question is it quicker to import a text file (from the previous simulation) and use the random numbers from that than it is to use the random no# simulator?
From: John D'Errico on
PauliePorsche <Bhopale73(a)gmail.com> wrote in message <1653919816.96521.1281574388921.JavaMail.root(a)gallium.mathforum.org>...
> I have to run lengthy simulations which involves generating numbers randomly literally millions of times. I ended up running this simulation, figured out I'll need to tweak some algos, and re-run the simulation
>
> My question is it quicker to import a text file (from the previous simulation) and use the random numbers from that than it is to use the random no# simulator?

Reading a text file is very slow in comparison to any
simple ops like generation of random numbers.

John