From: Stephen on
I have a model which needs to run at a base rate of 10 kHz for data logging purposes, but every so often needs to perform a calculation which can take up to 7 ms to complete. Fortunately, once I start the calculation, I have plenty of time before I need to know an answer; however, this window of time available to do the calculation isn't fixed in time (it's not exactly periodic, but can drift in phase as the model executes).

I'm going to try tripping an interrupt on an input card to start an ISR that in turn executes the 7 ms calculation but that seems like a work around. Is there a way to manage an asynchronous process purely in software? Is there some way to use the Async Interrupt block in the Real-Time Workshop?