From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"CTIPres" <CTIPres(a)discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item
> The "undo" function occurs randomly while I am using any SW application,
> like
> MS Word, Excel, Outlook, IE, etc. I am running XP Pro, SP3 and am current
> with all updates for XP and Office 2007 on a Dell D420 laptop. I have run
> virus scans, RegCure, and Adware. In fact it happened twice while typing
> in
> this message as this is the third time I typed in this last sentence. Any
> help is greatly apreciated.

Another thought: Does it happen in notepad or wordpad?

From: CTIPres on
Well, it just happened while I typed my reply to you. The two sentences that
I was typind got erased. No, I have not tried safe mode and have not done a
system restore, although, I am getting close to that option. I will try
notepad, but since it happened here, I think it can happen anywhere. Thanks
for helping....

From: CTIPres on
It's like a ctrl-z that happens randomly no matter what application is
running. Even while typing in this reply box it could happen.

From: virginiab on
This happens to me too, but not all the time. It seems to be random. Do you have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard 5000?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products
From: DE on
1) Change batteries in keyboard.
2) Change to a wired keyboard
3) This assumes you're not using a touchpad, where it's darned easy to
erase things you've typed if you don't have the controls tweaked right.