From: Hari on
Hi Frnz..,

Have Good Day..

I am getting There is insufficient memory. Save the document now error while
opening a word document in my machine.

My C drive has 50 gb free space and i am using RAM of capacity 2 gb.i don't
know why i am getting this exception.from past 2 months i am working
Word,from past 10 days i am getting this exception.how can i resolve it..?
in my application i am using a class that deals with unsafe code.
is this is the root cause for my problem..?
i am in chaos..please help me..

Thanks,
Regards,
Hari.A
hari
From: George Lee on
That error is actually a poorly worded catch all for many things. At first it
sounds like memory issue but it rarely ever is. You have to understand memory
but a memory error has less to do with physical memory or storage than it
does with the address space Windows uses. This space gets fragmented easily
and it may not have the contiguous amount of space needed to allocate the
right amount. In other cases, this error has nothing to do with memory at all.

That said, what can you do about it? A reboot is always a good starting
point but it sounds like that's not the case here. You mention that it
happens when Word starts up. Try clearing the temp files (Start->Run, and
enter %temp%); start in safe mode. You mention “unsafe code” (whatever that
refers to). Back the code out and re-add it slowly. If you can get control of
the debugger, try stepping through the code, it might be choking on a
particular statement, or file.