From: PeoplesChoice on
I had a ratehr lengthy thread going on this group and I lost all that
information. Is it possible for someone to send it to me? If not, one
of the posts listed a "bill of materials" for a desktop that I found
quite interesting. I would like to be able to retrieve that post if the

Bob
From: Metspitzer on

http://groups.google.je/group/alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt/search?q=PeoplesChoice&start=0&scoring=d&

From: VanguardLH on
PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net wrote:

> I had a ratehr lengthy thread going on this group and I lost all that
> information. Is it possible for someone to send it to me? If not, one
> of the posts listed a "bill of materials" for a desktop that I found
> quite interesting. I would like to be able to retrieve that post if the
>
> Bob

Don't use Forte Agent (your newsreader). For help on Agent, ask in the
news.software.readers group about it.

I other e-mail clients, you can delete the database used to record a
newsgroup or reset its list. For example, in OE, you right-click on a
newsgroup, Properties, and do a reset. Wipes out the newsgroup and you
have to start downloading all the articles again. In other newsreaders,
perhaphs unsubscribing and resubscribing to the same group wipes it out
and you start from scratch.
From: PeoplesChoice on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:09:50 -0500, VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote:

>PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net wrote:
>
>> I had a ratehr lengthy thread going on this group and I lost all that
>> information. Is it possible for someone to send it to me? If not, one
>> of the posts listed a "bill of materials" for a desktop that I found
>> quite interesting. I would like to be able to retrieve that post if the
>>
>> Bob
>
>Don't use Forte Agent (your newsreader). For help on Agent, ask in the
>news.software.readers group about it.
>
>I other e-mail clients, you can delete the database used to record a
>newsgroup or reset its list. For example, in OE, you right-click on a
>newsgroup, Properties, and do a reset. Wipes out the newsgroup and you
>have to start downloading all the articles again. In other newsreaders,
>perhaphs unsubscribing and resubscribing to the same group wipes it out
>and you start from scratch.

Just got your message. Don't understand what you mean by 'don't use
Forte Agent.' It's the only one I've ever used. I have to agree that
it's not very user friendly. Please, by all means, recommend the ones I
should consider. Thanks.........
From: PeoplesChoice on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 01:23:40 -0400, Metspitzer <kilowatt(a)charter.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:18:29 -0500, PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net wrote:
>
>>I had a ratehr lengthy thread going on this group and I lost all that
>>information. Is it possible for someone to send it to me? If not, one
>>of the posts listed a "bill of materials" for a desktop that I found
>>quite interesting. I would like to be able to retrieve that post if the
>>
>>Bob
>
>http://groups.google.je/group/alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt/search?q=PeoplesChoice&start=0&scoring=d&

Thanks for helping. I don't know how you did that - but now I have the
information I wanted.

Bob