From: Kursat on
Hi,

In my server application, I use windows thread pool for handling client
requests. I also issue overlapped IO requests from thread pool threads but
those overlapped IOs are associated with an IO completion port. Should I use
QueueUserWorkItem with WT_EXECUTEINIOTHREAD in this case? MSDN says: "Note
that currently no worker thread is truly persistent, although worker threads
do not terminate if there are any pending I/O requests." If this sentence is
true than non IO threads also don't terminate if there are pending IOs. If
so, what is the point of using IO threads?

Thanks in advance