From: David F. on
Hi,

What is the trigger that causes the "windows error recovery" to show up in
Win7?

Is it NTFS dirty flag? PageFile Flag (doesn't appear to be)? Registry Entry
Flag? File Flag?

TIA!!

From: "Jialiang Ge [MSFT]" on
Hello

You may encounter the Windows Error Recovery menu after an unsuccessful
shut down or a system crash.

May I know why you are trying to know what flag indicates that Windows
should show the screen? Are you trying to disable Windows Error Recovery?

Regards,
Jialiang Ge
Microsoft Online Community Support

From: David F. on
Want to be able to check the status using an alternate windows installation
so the state is known before accessing or working on that drive. Also to
document it since the answer doesn't seem to be posted anywhere.

From: Jialiang Ge [MSFT] on

Hello David

Sorry for my delayed response due to some newsgroup synchronization issues.

I hope to know more about your intent. Are you trying to take some special
action in your Windows Installer app if the system was rebooted after a
crash (and you got the Windows Error Recovery screen)?

From: David F. on
Just want to know how it's triggered and what triggers it - so if I want to
trigger it I can or if I want to prevent accessing a partition if it's
triggered I can.