From: CJB on
Three has a leaflet in its stores advertising special country flagged
SIM cards - or maybe just a normal PAYG SIM card - which offers cheap
international cals via a 4nn prefix code. Are these routed via Skype?
The sequence of 4nn prefixes has gaps in the chronological order
indicating that many more countries are included than listed. Can't
find anythin on My3 or the website about these new tariffs. Are they a
good deal? Or are they just to sucker folk into continue topping up?
Chris B.
From: CJB on

http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/International_calling_rates
From: Theo Markettos on
CJB <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 23, 5:22 pm, CJB <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Three has a leaflet in its stores advertising special country flagged
> > SIM cards - or maybe just a normal PAYG SIM card - which offers cheap
> > international cals via a 4nn prefix code. Are these routed via Skype?
>
> http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/International_calling_rates

I doubt they're routed via Skype... they quite possibly use VOIP in the
routing but it'll be carrier-grade VOIP rather than Skype (which, despite
their recent efforts, isn't really carrier-grade).

But that provides another interesting possibility... for those phones which
can't do Skype (iSkoot), set up a dialthrough server on a Polish landline
number and then you can call for 2p/min+VOIP charges from any 3G phone.
That rather beats the normal 20p/min rate on 3Pay.

http://www.actio.pl/
do free Polish DID numbers (though they get deleted if not used once a
month. And I have no idea what numbers they allocate).

Theo
From: Steve Terry on
"Theo Markettos" <theom+news(a)chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
> CJB <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 23, 5:22 pm, CJB <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Three has a leaflet in its stores advertising special country flagged
>> > SIM cards - or maybe just a normal PAYG SIM card - which offers cheap
>> > international cals via a 4nn prefix code. Are these routed via Skype?
>>
>> http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/International_calling_rates
>
> I doubt they're routed via Skype... they quite possibly use VOIP in the
> routing but it'll be carrier-grade VOIP rather than Skype (which, despite
> their recent efforts, isn't really carrier-grade).
>
> But that provides another interesting possibility... for those phones
> which
> can't do Skype (iSkoot), set up a dialthrough server on a Polish landline
> number and then you can call for 2p/min+VOIP charges from any 3G phone.
> That rather beats the normal 20p/min rate on 3Pay.
>
> http://www.actio.pl/
> do free Polish DID numbers (though they get deleted if not used once a
> month. And I have no idea what numbers they allocate).
> Theo

If you have a 3 Skype phone then buying some PAYG credit for Skype
from Sainsburys or paypoint shops will give you international calls
through Skype from 1.4p per min
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/features/prices/payg-rates

and if you are a heavy user you can buy monthly rates from 69p p/m
+VAT for 60mins of calls
https://buy.skype.com/paymonthly/

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: CJB on
Seems an interesting Polish web site and forum - but how on earth do
you read Polish?!! Chris B.

Theo Markettos wrote:
> CJB <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On May 23, 5:22 pm, CJB <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Three has a leaflet in its stores advertising special country flagged
> > > SIM cards - or maybe just a normal PAYG SIM card - which offers cheap
> > > international cals via a 4nn prefix code. Are these routed via Skype?
> >
> > http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/International_calling_rates
>
> I doubt they're routed via Skype... they quite possibly use VOIP in the
> routing but it'll be carrier-grade VOIP rather than Skype (which, despite
> their recent efforts, isn't really carrier-grade).
>
> But that provides another interesting possibility... for those phones which
> can't do Skype (iSkoot), set up a dialthrough server on a Polish landline
> number and then you can call for 2p/min+VOIP charges from any 3G phone.
> That rather beats the normal 20p/min rate on 3Pay.
>
> http://www.actio.pl/
> do free Polish DID numbers (though they get deleted if not used once a
> month. And I have no idea what numbers they allocate).
>
> Theo
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Sites with 900 & 1800 MHz