From: Craig Wallace on
On 20/05/2010 14:23, chris wrote:
> Yesterday and today I've been getting reminders to upgrade TB to the
> latest version 3.0.5. However, clicking the more info link brings up a
> 404 and the thunderbird homepage still has 3.0.4 as the current release.
>
> Is anyone else getting the prompt to upgrade?

I think its currently a beta or release candidate version. If you've
installed a beta version of Thunderbird in the past, you will get
offered it early.
It will probably be released properly in the next few days or so, and
the details/release notes will appear on the Thunderbird website.

I got offered the upgrade here, and installed it (on Windows). I've not
noticed any difference from v3.0.4.

--
Craig Wallace
http://craig.neogeo.org.uk
From: chris on
On 21/05/10 15:12, Craig Wallace wrote:
> On 20/05/2010 14:23, chris wrote:
>> Yesterday and today I've been getting reminders to upgrade TB to the
>> latest version 3.0.5. However, clicking the more info link brings up a
>> 404 and the thunderbird homepage still has 3.0.4 as the current release.
>>
>> Is anyone else getting the prompt to upgrade?
>
> I think its currently a beta or release candidate version. If you've
> installed a beta version of Thunderbird in the past, you will get
> offered it early.

I don't remember having installed a beta version, but it is possible.

> It will probably be released properly in the next few days or so, and
> the details/release notes will appear on the Thunderbird website.
>
> I got offered the upgrade here, and installed it (on Windows). I've not
> noticed any difference from v3.0.4.

OK. Thanks for the reply.