From: st.daniel on
WHERE do the pictures appear at a 45 degree angle?
If it's in HP's Imager, they have a noted problem. But it's in certain
scanners under certain conditions.
What HP model do you have? (# is on PSC top,left,front corner.)
Which Adobe? Photoshop? (You can put images in Acrobat, too.)
Does your scanner show up in Device Manager? (Hold Windows key, press
Pause/Break key, click Device Manager button, may have to click on a
(Imaging?) category in Dev.Man. to see it.

From: Old Bob on
Thank you for your reply. I have a HP psc 2410. the images first started
appearing incorrectly in the preview view but accepted correctly. Now
however, they accept wrong also. Odd Thing, If I go into the director and
look/change a picture scan preference, and say OK, the preview remains wrong
but the accept is correct. It will be that way all day even if I shut down
and turn back on, but when I shut down for the night the next morning the
preview and accept are again crooked and unreadable. and the process begins
again. sometimes I have to un-install and re-install the whole printer to a
level 2 to get the accept to work correctly. Where did you see the noted
problem with HP and how do they say to fix. All the emial help has me do is
to continue the same things in a circle. Now they are sending me a disc to
re-install but I don't see how that will help. My HP PSC 2400 is listed in
the devises. I have adobe acrobat 5.0 reader only with no enchased version
to bring pictures into. I do hot have Photoshop but I have The Print Shop
20 and The print shop 6 and Microsoft Picture It that all work fine. Maybe
some of my answers to you will help.

From: st.daniel on
>Where did you see the noted
> problem with HP and how do they say to fix.

Saw it on HP site, but they are "working" on a solution, and not your model,
anyway.

Other "Can't see the Thunker" problems were all sans solutions except two.
Solution was to use WIA, in one. See this page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=303753&docname=c00027663

Better results came from driver reinstall. Use device manager and direct
installer to drivers in C:(or your drive letter)\Program Files\Hewlett
Packard\{long number between these bracets}\Drivers

Also, best thing to do first: use the HP on-line Diagnostic Tool here:
http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/gs/index.aspx?lang=eng&cc=us&lang=en&cc=us

Other possibilities:
1) reset Scan Picture settings to Default from HP Director
2) unplug and replug cords to All-in -one. Forces scanner to re-align.
3) uncheck the Auto- Straighten checkbox in settings.

Good luck.

"Old Bob" wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. I have a HP psc 2410. the images first started
> appearing incorrectly in the preview view but accepted correctly. Now
> however, they accept wrong also. Odd Thing, If I go into the director and
> look/change a picture scan preference, and say OK, the preview remains wrong
> but the accept is correct. It will be that way all day even if I shut down
> and turn back on, but when I shut down for the night the next morning the
> preview and accept are again crooked and unreadable. and the process begins
> again. sometimes I have to un-install and re-install the whole printer to a
> level 2 to get the accept to work correctly. Where did you see the noted
> problem with HP and how do they say to fix. All the emial help has me do is
> to continue the same things in a circle. Now they are sending me a disc to
> re-install but I don't see how that will help. My HP PSC 2400 is listed in
> the devises. I have adobe acrobat 5.0 reader only with no enchased version
> to bring pictures into. I do hot have Photoshop but I have The Print Shop
> 20 and The print shop 6 and Microsoft Picture It that all work fine. Maybe
> some of my answers to you will help.
>
> "st.daniel" <stdaniel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > WHERE do the pictures appear at a 45 degree angle?
> > If it's in HP's Imager, they have a noted problem. But it's in certain
> > scanners under certain conditions.
> > What HP model do you have? (# is on PSC top,left,front corner.)
> > Which Adobe? Photoshop? (You can put images in Acrobat, too.)
> > Does your scanner show up in Device Manager? (Hold Windows key, press
> > Pause/Break key, click Device Manager button, may have to click on a
> > (Imaging?) category in Dev.Man. to see it.
> >
> > "Old Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> I am having problems scanning with my HP all in one printer/scanner. HP
> >> has
> >> been unable to help me other than to un-and re-install many times and
> >> still
> >> no solution. In the Twain.log there is a note that says "TWAIN_32.DLL -
> >> MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window?
> >> Is
> >> this a windows XP thing? I did a scf /scannow and found nothing or at
> >> least
> >> there were no messages. I even did a Repair of window and still no
> >> solution. My picture scans appear on a 45 degree angle. any suggestions
> >> would be appreciated.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: DCOM Error in Event Viewer