From: Old Bob on
I am having problems scanning with my HP all in one printer/scanner. HP has
been unable to help me other than to un-and re-install many times and still
no solution. In the Twain.log there is a note that says "TWAIN_32.DLL -
MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window? Is
this a windows XP thing? I did a scf /scannow and found nothing or at least
there were no messages. I even did a Repair of window and still no
solution. My picture scans appear on a 45 degree angle. any suggestions
would be appreciated.

From: Rock on
Old Bob wrote:

> I am having problems scanning with my HP all in one printer/scanner. HP has
> been unable to help me other than to un-and re-install many times and still
> no solution. In the Twain.log there is a note that says "TWAIN_32.DLL -
> MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window? Is
> this a windows XP thing? I did a scf /scannow and found nothing or at least
> there were no messages. I even did a Repair of window and still no
> solution. My picture scans appear on a 45 degree angle. any suggestions
> would be appreciated.

Take a look in some of these links for hints. Good luck.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=XP+TWAIN_32.DLL+Why+Can%27t+We+Find+The+Thunker+Window&btnG=Search

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

From: Old Bob on
Thank you for the link but I am a somewhat beginner and I get lost and/or I
do not want to add more programs to my PC until I get this issue resolved.
Are they saying that "thunker" is a .dll that I am missing or is not working
correctly? Is this .dll from windows or Adobe or HP? I have done a
windows full repair and it also did not correct things.

From: Rock on
Old Bob wrote:

> Thank you for the link but I am a somewhat beginner and I get lost and/or I
> do not want to add more programs to my PC until I get this issue resolved.
> Are they saying that "thunker" is a .dll that I am missing or is not working
> correctly? Is this .dll from windows or Adobe or HP? I have done a
> windows full repair and it also did not correct things.
>
> "Rock" <rock(a)mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>
>>Old Bob wrote:
>>

>>>I am having problems scanning with my HP all in one printer/scanner. HP
>>>has been unable to help me other than to un-and re-install many times and
>>>still no solution. In the Twain.log there is a note that says
>>>"TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The
>>>Thunker Window? Is this a windows XP thing? I did a scf /scannow and
>>>found nothing or at least there were no messages. I even did a Repair of
>>>window and still no solution. My picture scans appear on a 45 degree
>>>angle. any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>Take a look in some of these links for hints. Good luck.
>>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=XP+TWAIN_32.DLL+Why+Can%27t+We+Find+The+Thunker+Window&btnG=Search
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I'm not saying anything about it. Your post is the first one I have
seen reference that message. I put a part of the error message into a
google search and that's what comes up. Thought there might be
something in those links to help you out.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

From: scsisys on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunk

http://jargon.tuxedo.org/entry/thunk.html

"Old Bob" <bobgolfing123(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems scanning with my HP all in one printer/scanner. HP
has
> been unable to help me other than to un-and re-install many times and
still
> no solution. In the Twain.log there is a note that says "TWAIN_32.DLL -
> MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window?
Is
> this a windows XP thing? I did a scf /scannow and found nothing or at
least
> there were no messages. I even did a Repair of window and still no
> solution. My picture scans appear on a 45 degree angle. any suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: DCOM Error in Event Viewer