From: Greg Neill on
First wrote:
> We all know that sea-tides are greatly affected by moon and sun. It is
> generally believed that though moon does has the largest tidal force
> on earth But it is relatively very low than the objects very close to
> you( This reasoning is generally given to prove that a nurse at the
> time of your birth has more tidal force on you than most of the
> planets above)
>
> My query is that the objects that are present on the earth can have
> tidal effect of each other OR the Roche-limit does play a role in it.
> Can anyone through some light on it...

Consider a spherical nurse...

From: First on
On Sep 3, 5:30 pm, "Greg Neill" <gneil...(a)MOVEsympatico.ca> wrote:
> First wrote:
> > We all know that sea-tides are greatly affected by moon and sun. It is
> > generally believed that though moon does has the largest tidal force
> > on earth But it is relatively very low than the objects very close to
> > you( This reasoning is generally given to prove that a nurse at the
> > time of your birth has more tidal force on you than most of the
> > planets above)
>
> > My query is that the objects that are present on the earth can have
> > tidal effect of each other OR the Roche-limit does play a role in it.
> > Can anyone through some light on it...
>
> Consider a spherical nurse...

Spherical nurse ??? sounds like a good joke.
On a serious note it's hard to believe that two objects on earth can
have tidal force on each other... A spherical nurse may have tidal
force if she is above earth gravity... check me if I am wrong...
From: Greg Neill on
First wrote:
> On Sep 3, 5:30 pm, "Greg Neill" <gneil...(a)MOVEsympatico.ca> wrote:
>> First wrote:
>>> We all know that sea-tides are greatly affected by moon and sun. It is
>>> generally believed that though moon does has the largest tidal force
>>> on earth But it is relatively very low than the objects very close to
>>> you( This reasoning is generally given to prove that a nurse at the
>>> time of your birth has more tidal force on you than most of the
>>> planets above)
>>
>>> My query is that the objects that are present on the earth can have
>>> tidal effect of each other OR the Roche-limit does play a role in it.
>>> Can anyone through some light on it...
>>
>> Consider a spherical nurse...
>
> Spherical nurse ??? sounds like a good joke.
> On a serious note it's hard to believe that two objects on earth can
> have tidal force on each other... A spherical nurse may have tidal
> force if she is above earth gravity... check me if I am wrong...

Gravitational forces are additive, each source imposing
its own influence separately and cumulative. Thus,
each and every bit of matter impresses its own (miniscule)
tidal acceleration on every volume of space and thus a
tidal force on every extended body therein.

So there is no reason why "A spherical nurse may have tidal
force [only] if she is above earth gravity". Note that the
tidal forces engendered by any given source upon a body
always act in a direction that is along the line joining the
source and the body in question. Add up all the separate
tidal forces acting to arrive at a net force.

Note also that tidal forces can be so small as to be
essentially undetectable, and that tidal forces on small
bodies (such as a person) are utterly swamped by the
electromagnetic forces that hold them together (atomic
bonds, etc.).

From: guskz on
On Sep 3, 11:15 am, "Greg Neill" <gneil...(a)MOVEsympatico.ca> wrote:
> First wrote:

> >> Consider a spherical nurse...
>
> > Spherical nurse ??? sounds like a good joke.
> > On a serious note it's hard to believe that two objects on earth can
> > have tidal force on each other... A spherical nurse may have tidal
> > force if she is above earth gravity... check me if I am wrong...
>
> Gravitational forces are additive, each source imposing
> its own influence separately and cumulative.  Thus,
> each and every bit of matter impresses its own (miniscule)
> tidal acceleration on every volume of space and thus a
> tidal force on every extended body therein.
>
> So there is no reason why "A spherical nurse may have tidal
> force [only] if she is above earth gravity".  Note that the
> tidal forces engendered by any given source upon a body
> always act in a direction that is along the line joining the
> source and the body in question.  Add up all the separate
> tidal forces acting to arrive at a net force.
>
> Note also that tidal forces can be so small as to be
> essentially undetectable, and that tidal forces on small
> bodies (such as a person) are utterly swamped by the
> electromagnetic forces that hold them together (atomic
> bonds, etc.).- Hide quoted text -

Boy you guys talk a lot.
Yes we often accelerate towards each other, luckily we can buy
antigravity spray to prevent such things, I sprinkle on some each
morning.
From: Igor on

guskz wrote:

> Boy you guys talk a lot.
> Yes we often accelerate towards each other, luckily we can buy
> antigravity spray to prevent such things, I sprinkle on some each
> morning.

So that's how they described it to you. I'm completely amazed at the
lengths these shrinks will go to get their more deranged patients to
take their psychotropic meds.