From: Here In Oregon on
Well yesterday I said I would do a seperate post on Todd Rundgren because he
deserves one like my Thomas Dolby post.

Here it is. Todd if you are reading this you know it is all true.

Here goes!

Another, when genius stares you in the face you gotta call a spade a spade.

Reasons to like Todd Rundgren or at least things about Todd you might not
know.

1.Genius. Oh yeah, I said that.

2. Totally underrated

3.Awesome songwriter

4. Fantastic vocalist

5. One of the worlds greatest multi-instrumentalists.

6. Played in a band called Runt with Hunt Sales on drums and Tony Sales on
Bass both sons of *Soupy Sales*.

7. Great sense of humor especially with regard to himself

8. Five star Producer (5 out of five stars) (Ted is 4 out of 5 stars for
perspective sake) ;-)

9. Made my life better

10.Composed music for Pee Wee's playhouse LOL!

11. Middle name is Harry like my fathers first name. (May he rest in peace
also)

12 Rundgren's son is a minor league baseball player

13. His major theme that runs through his music is personal transformation

14. He tries to write songs that will never sound dated

15. Computer whiz and came up with a lot of music's first

16. Fronted the band Utopia which kind of had a Zappa- esque sound

17. Has not been producing for a while because today's music on the radio
sucks.

Todd? Todd? *Hello its me* Get it. Glennbo will. Anyway, I am
ready to go and I know you like producing singer-songwriters. <g>

Here is a quick google of some links you might find interesting when your
sipping on a fine wine or one of Glennbo's ice cold Oregon beers tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej9xzLCyiWE He He

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCzpwLZSErk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsezr0qiFIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvdGPD443nE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1606McwkFpc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZclddLcOYYA

and these songs for the progressive (music) heads and you know who you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtJ1Q3pMDjM&NR=1

And this song which is the definition and anthem of self indulgence but
cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOO8gaDVxbk&NR=1

HIO HIW over and out. I better use that code
#$#^$$#$#%%^&*&%^%$$#%^%^*(*&^%%&(*&)(&#$#@!#$%^&T&**^%&&^%....---...

From: Sue Morton on
Not just G'Bo 'gets it'! Some of us here are 'old' without being in the
next era back (sambo? netmask?) LOL

Seriously, I can't say I'm familiar with most or all of Todd Rungren's work,
but what I've heard I do like.
--
Sue Morton

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:4af069f8$0$31286$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I'm actually on a Rundgren album....
>
> Did you get your royalties? ;)

Yea....I didn't end up in jail <g>

Poly

From: Here In Oregon on

"polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message

> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> In news:4af069f8$0$31286$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
>> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
>> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>>
>> > I'm actually on a Rundgren album....
>>
>> Did you get your royalties? ;)
>
> Yea....I didn't end up in jail <g>
>
> Poly

Well it seems like the consensus is that Rundgren is cool.
So for tonight's happy hour i submit this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVuhENTIjI
Check out the bands garb. Pretty decent solo that even Clapton himself might
even approve of.

From: R. Lamar Duffy on
Everybody always disses me when I say this, but my favorite album is "Deface
The Music." The best Beatles album never recorded by the Beatles.

Has anybody gotten "Arena"? Read a couple good reviews, but haven't picked
it up yet.

The other thing you'll notice about Todd if you see him live is that his
hands are ENORMOUS. I saw he & Jesse Gress from Guitar Player play
together; between the 2 of them, there must've been an acre of palms. The
reaches either of them can pull off on a nylon string are about what I could
do on a ukelele.

Lamar