From: Daniel J on

Hi All,

I have not long bought a ATI RADEON HD 4350 and was running Vista but
now run windows 7 but have the same problem. The problem is that the
screen is far too bright until i get properly logged in and then open
the Catalyst Control Center which then reads the settings i set for the
screen to be the perfect brightness. Any help on having the perfet
brightness up until the login screen would be very helpful.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

From: Elmer Fudd on
Daniel J wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have not long bought a ATI RADEON HD 4350 and was running Vista but
> now run windows 7 but have the same problem. The problem is that the
> screen is far too bright until i get properly logged in and then open
> the Catalyst Control Center which then reads the settings i set for the
> screen to be the perfect brightness. Any help on having the perfet
> brightness up until the login screen would be very helpful.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Daniel

Set Cat settings back to default and then get a greyscale image off the
web and set your monitor manually according to the greyscale. When using
a greyscale the brightness is set to the black point and the contrast is
set to the white point.