From: Ralph on
You're right. I'm running 2008Dx. I don't anticipate upgrading in the near
future. Am fed up with the "screw up what works to justify a new version"
mentality.
I'll just keep transferring old files to a new folder periodically.

Ralph

From: John Oliver on
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:04:46 GMT, Sharx35 wrote:

> "Ralph" <rreeds(a)san.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I get the message "Quicken's most recently used files list can only show
>> the first 50 files in this directory. You have too many data files to list
>> them all".
>>
>> So how do I resolve this issue?
>>
>> Ralph
>>

> Delete the older ones.

I do my backups to a couple of little flash drives. I keep about the
last three backups... each time I do a new backup, I delete the oldest.

One caveat here... flash drives are only good for so many read/writes.
Every now and then, replace them... they're cheap. Smash the old one
with a hammer. Keep at least one off-site, in a sefe deposit box or
something. Heck, you could even splurge for a slightly bigger one and
keep all of the old backups you want! :-)

From: Ralph on
I do my backups encrypted, to an external drive.

Ralph

From: Steven Latus on
On 04/17/2010 8:12 PM, Ralph wrote:
> I get the message "Quicken's most recently used files list can only show the
> first 50 files in this directory. You have too many data files to list them
> all".
>
> So how do I resolve this issue?
>
> Ralph

Make a second data folder and move all the files over the limit into the
new folder.

You could have 50 files in DATA1, for example, and the rest in DATA2.

Add more folders as needed. :)
From: Sharx35 on

"Steven Latus" <slatus@*delete_this_part_to_reply*optonline.net> wrote in
message news:4bd3a83e$0$22346$607ed4bc(a)cv.net...
> On 04/17/2010 8:12 PM, Ralph wrote:
>> I get the message "Quicken's most recently used files list can only show
>> the
>> first 50 files in this directory. You have too many data files to list
>> them
>> all".
>>
>> So how do I resolve this issue?
>>
>> Ralph
>>

> Make a second data folder and move all the files over the limit into the
> new folder.
>
> You could have 50 files in DATA1, for example, and the rest in DATA2.
>
> Add more folders as needed. :)

What kind of obsessive idiot KEEPS that many files?