From: thzj on
I've created a Word 2003 text document (.doc) with a visio flowchart embedded
on the last page. This isn't really a form but a quality system document that
needs to be protected from changes like forms for a high level of control.
When I try to password protect (tools / protect document / forms), the
ability to protect is not available - it's disabled in the drop down and tool
bar as well. Using the drop downs "options / security tab / password protect
from modification (i.e. read only)" is not an option for work around. Need to
have the file completely protected like forms locking. Adding a form field
does not correct the issue by enabling the ability to protect as a form. And,
creating as a template doesn't correct the issue. Any thoughts?
From: thzj on
I've been able to trouble shoot this down to a checkbox object (not a form
checkbox field) in the header. Still would like to figure out a way to
protect without changing all the documents.