From: atec7 7 ""atec77" on
Rob wrote:
> Friend has Toshiba P100 laptop and the sound has spat the dummy.
>
> Just using something like a utube movie or music CD there is no sound
>
> No pings on errors no startup sounds
>
> There is no indication in the device manager of a problem.
>
> Have reloaded the drivers just in case.
>
> Tried the controls at the front tried head phones.
>

> Any recommendations as to what's the problem?
>
> thanks
so no yellow alarm in manager ?
From: Rob on
On 14/05/2010 1:50 PM, atec7 7 > wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> Friend has Toshiba P100 laptop and the sound has spat the dummy.
>>
>> Just using something like a utube movie or music CD there is no sound
>>
>> No pings on errors no startup sounds
>>
>> There is no indication in the device manager of a problem.
>>
>> Have reloaded the drivers just in case.
>>
>> Tried the controls at the front tried head phones.
>>

>> Any recommendations as to what's the problem?
>>
>> thanks
> so no yellow alarm in manager ?

No - all clear even the speaker is up on the bottom RH bar. I'm
thinking that it maybe internal in connections or even the volume pot.

just downloaded the service manual. and looking through that. - page
104/314 which I haven't fully explored but seems like a physical
internal connection problem.

http://tim.id.au/laptops/toshiba/satellite%20p100.pdf
From: . on
On 5/14/2010 2:01 PM, Rob wrote:
> On 14/05/2010 1:50 PM, atec7 7 > wrote:
>> Rob wrote:
>>> Friend has Toshiba P100 laptop and the sound has spat the dummy.
>>>
>>> Just using something like a utube movie or music CD there is no sound
>>>
>>> No pings on errors no startup sounds
>>>
>>> There is no indication in the device manager of a problem.
>>>
>>> Have reloaded the drivers just in case.
>>>
>>> Tried the controls at the front tried head phones.
>>>

>>> Any recommendations as to what's the problem?
>>>
>>> thanks
>> so no yellow alarm in manager ?
>
> No - all clear even the speaker is up on the bottom RH bar. I'm thinking
> that it maybe internal in connections or even the volume pot.
>
> just downloaded the service manual. and looking through that. - page
> 104/314 which I haven't fully explored but seems like a physical
> internal connection problem.
>
> http://tim.id.au/laptops/toshiba/satellite%20p100.pdf

R/click the sound icon (near the clock)
select `open volume control` and check any ticks
for mute.
From: Rod Speed on
Rob wrote:

> Friend has Toshiba P100 laptop and the sound has spat the dummy.

> Just using something like a utube movie or music CD there is no sound

> No pings on errors no startup sounds

> There is no indication in the device manager of a problem.

> Have reloaded the drivers just in case.

> Tried the controls at the front tried head phones.

With what result ? Presumably still no sound.

> Any recommendations as to what's the problem?

Most likely the amp has died.

From: Rod Speed on
Rob wrote
> atec7 7 > wrote
>> Rob wrote

>>> Friend has Toshiba P100 laptop and the sound has spat the dummy.

>>> Just using something like a utube movie or music CD there is no sound

>>> No pings on errors no startup sounds

>>> There is no indication in the device manager of a problem.

>>> Have reloaded the drivers just in case.

>>> Tried the controls at the front tried head phones.

>>> Any recommendations as to what's the problem?

>> so no yellow alarm in manager ?

> No - all clear even the speaker is up on the bottom RH bar. I'm
> thinking that it maybe internal in connections or even the volume pot.

> just downloaded the service manual. and looking through that. - page 104/314 which I haven't fully explored but seems
> like a physical internal connection problem.

Or just the amp.

Unlikely to be one physical connection that affects
both the speakers and the head phone jack etc.