From: N_Cook on
HP Laserjet 1020
I cannot find any way of getting that info from the ROM or wherever, no
buttons at all on this printer.
I have worked out a way of adding one , mechanically, the "milometer"
section cut off an impulse counter and string connecting the trigger bar to
a convenient solenoid that activates once a page.
But before doing so wondered if anyone knew what driver file or whatever to
interrogate .
Is there a www site giving the empty cartridge weights of various printers,
this one , I'm told nearly new cartridge
Q2612A 12A is 611 grams

From: N_Cook on
N_Cook <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk> wrote in message
> HP Laserjet 1020
> I cannot find any way of getting that info from the ROM or wherever, no
> buttons at all on this printer.
> I have worked out a way of adding one , mechanically, the "milometer"
> section cut off an impulse counter and string connecting the trigger bar
> a convenient solenoid that activates once a page.
> But before doing so wondered if anyone knew what driver file or whatever
> interrogate .
> Is there a www site giving the empty cartridge weights of various
printers,
> this one , I'm told nearly new cartridge
> Q2612A 12A is 611 grams

not encouraging , 6gram from 85 gram remaining according to

http://www.shdtechnology.com/pp/networks/print_servers/products.asp?partno=Q
2612A

HP Q2612A - Q2612A

Weight & dimensions
Dimensions W x D x H 357 x 105 x 140mm
Empty weight 605g
Weight 690g

From: Don Phillipson on
"N_Cook" <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk> wrote in message

> HP Laserjet 1020
> I cannot find any way of getting that info from the ROM or wherever, no
> buttons at all on this printer.

Have you printed every variety of test page? Some
brands of printer add the total number of pages
printed to at least one of their test prints.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: N_Cook on
Don Phillipson <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
> "N_Cook" <diverse(a)tcp.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > HP Laserjet 1020
> > I cannot find any way of getting that info from the ROM or wherever, no
> > buttons at all on this printer.
>
> Have you printed every variety of test page? Some
> brands of printer add the total number of pages
> printed to at least one of their test prints.
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

Only the one test page in the manual and as far as I can find and going
through printer/properties menus. Prints a listing of files with appended
numbers that stay the same regardless of how many print-offs of the test
page.

In the process of adding a mechanical page counter, plenty of space inside
end cover, cutting a viewing port in that plastic end cover.
Cut the milometer section 48x22x30mm off the solenoid part of an
impulse counter. Hole through side to take some radio tuner dial cord
to a PTO solenoid or whatever engages once per sheet delivery.
Cut a slot and some more shaping to a nylon rod to extend
the action out by gluing to the pole piece and
then the cord glued to that with a spring and adjuster in the
cord. Other end of cord glued part way along
the ratchet arm for about same actuating movement there
and the solenoid.
Just got to fit it all in place and adjust, hopefully the extra loading on
the solenoid will not disable it

From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> HP Laserjet 1020
> I cannot find any way of getting that info from the ROM or
> wherever, no buttons at all on this printer.

There probably isn't one. The LaserJet 1020 is a "dumb" printer
despite HP's claim that it has a 234MHz "processor".

I would practically guarantee that any such processor is only capable
of processing data that has already been spooled into some proprietary
printer language by the computer, and that it may even require its
firmware to be downloaded by the computer before it can process
anything. The printer may have no idea how many pages it has run.

If you were to find an HP LaserJet 1012 or 1015, those printers do
have onboard intelligence, accept conventional PCL input and the panel
buttons can be used to produce a page count.

William
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: canon i550 partial print