From: cisz on
We've got a canon bj i550 printer. On the test page (win xp) it prints the
windows logo in color but nothing else. It prints the head alignment
patterns ok but won't print documents. It's reporting that the ink levels
are low in everything but black. It tried setting it so that it would only
use black but then it prints nothing.

Help appreciated.

From: Al on
On Feb 21, 4:21 am, "cisz" <cis...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> We've got a canon bj i550 printer. On the test page (win xp) it prints the
> windows logo in color but nothing else. It prints the head alignment
> patterns ok but won't print documents. It's reporting that the ink levels
> are low in everything but black. It tried setting it so that it would only
> use black but then it prints nothing.
>
> Help appreciated.

Doesn't sound like the printer is communicating with the computer. If
you attempt to print with some application like wordpad and the paper
moves through slowly like it's trying to print, then I am wrong. If
it's doing nothing, then re-add the printer. That won't hurt to try
anyway. I also assume that the ink levels are not really low, just
registering low. It might not print if it's low on ink, but it might
print the test page until it's bone dry.