From: John Oliver on
I get paid every other Friday. I have a direct deposit of $185 going
into my Roth IRA. On Jan. 15, that transaction sort of got
duplicated... one is a "XIn", and one is a "ContribX". Both are on the
same date, for the same amount. I cannot change or delete either... I
get a message telling me, "This transaction was created as a transfer
from a split transaction. In order to change it, you must go to the
source transaction by using 'Go To Transfer' from the Edit menu." For
both transactions, Go To Transfer takes me to my Jan 15 paycheck... but
there is only one transfer for my IRA. The math all works... there is
not a "hidden" $185

How can I delete one of these transactions so my account will balance
properly?

From: John Pollard on
John Oliver wrote:
> I get paid every other Friday. I have a direct deposit of $185 going
> into my Roth IRA. On Jan. 15, that transaction sort of got
> duplicated... one is a "XIn", and one is a "ContribX". Both are on
> the same date, for the same amount. I cannot change or delete
> either... I get a message telling me, "This transaction was created
> as a transfer from a split transaction. In order to change it, you
> must go to the source transaction by using 'Go To Transfer' from the
> Edit menu." For both transactions, Go To Transfer takes me to my Jan
> 15 paycheck... but there is only one transfer for my IRA. The math
> all works... there is not a "hidden" $185
>
> How can I delete one of these transactions so my account will balance
> properly?

Delete the paycheck transaction. Then delete the orphaned transfer in the
IRA account. Then re-enter the paycheck.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

Pages: 1
Prev: SS & Pension Check Setup
Next: QIF to OFX