From: WAL on
Hello,

I have joined a new band and I have eight par 56 cans on a T bar. The
other members bring 8 par 64 cans, a Transcension Show Control
Performer Series digital dimmer pack and a Behringer Eurolight LC2412
lighting desk and a couple of datamoon effects. Sadly, none of us have
a clue how to use the stuff.

I have managed to find a manual for the desk on the internet (but it
might as well be written in a foreign language). I can't find a manual
anywhere for the dimmer pack and I can't even get it even accidentally
to respond to the desk.

I have attached the 8 par cans to the dimmer pack and managed to get
them running standalone chase patterns, but I want to control
everything from the desk. With a DMX cable running from the desk to the
dimmer pack, the desk just didn't take control - whatever settings I
used.

I assume that DMX works like a TV and you need to "tune in" everyting
to the correct channels to get the things to talk to each other. So I'm
missing something - sanity at the moment!!!

Can anyone help suggest the best way to get started, so that at the
very least, if I move a fader on the desk a singel par can comes on or
off? LOL Also, (I know I am already getting ahead of myself, but) am I
correct in assuming that I need a second dimmer pack to run all
sixteen cans and that I can simply daisy chain the packs together using
a second DMX cable, to control them from the desk.

Thanks

From: mcsteve on
"WAL" wrote:
> I have joined a new band and I have eight par 56 cans on a T bar.

Q: How many sound guys does it take, to screw in a lightbulb?

A: We don't do lights

--
Steve McQ
From: TimPerry on
WAL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have joined a new band and I have eight par 56 cans on a T bar. The
> other members bring 8 par 64 cans, a Transcension Show Control
> Performer Series digital dimmer pack and a Behringer Eurolight LC2412
> lighting desk and a couple of datamoon effects. Sadly, none of us have
> a clue how to use the stuff.
>
> I have managed to find a manual for the desk on the internet (but it
> might as well be written in a foreign language).

the learning curve is steep on this box.

I can't find a manual
> anywhere for the dimmer pack and I can't even get it even accidentally
> to respond to the desk.

make sure your cable is correctly wired.

> I have attached the 8 par cans to the dimmer pack and managed to get
> them running standalone chase patterns, but I want to control
> everything from the desk. With a DMX cable running from the desk to
> the dimmer pack, the desk just didn't take control - whatever
> settings I used.

the last DMX box in the chain should be set to "terminate" to unsure
reliable operation. if you cannot find the setting a 5 pin plug with a 110
ohm resistor across pint 2 and 3 should work

> I assume that DMX works like a TV and you need to "tune in" everyting
> to the correct channels to get the things to talk to each other. So
> I'm missing something - sanity at the moment!!!

my first LC2412 didn't function at all. when it was replaced it could be
made to work.

> Can anyone help suggest the best way to get started, so that at the
> very least, if I move a fader on the desk a singel par can comes on or
> off? LOL Also, (I know I am already getting ahead of myself, but) am I
> correct in assuming that I need a second dimmer pack to run all
> sixteen cans and that I can simply daisy chain the packs together
> using a second DMX cable, to control them from the desk.
>
> Thanks

you should be able to do this. study the dim pack "cheat sheet" that is
printed on the case. it mat tell you how to switch off the internal controls
and enable DMX. set it for ch 1 thru 8 and raise the top row of faders and
"A" and main. press quit to escape from various modes. make sure blackout is
not engaged. try setting it to bank zero (0). turn on channel flash and try
depressing buttons 1 thru 12. make sure sound to light is off and "upper" is
off.

switching to theatre mode defeats most if not all the chase features.

From: Mark on

On Jan 23, 5:37 pm, "mcsteve" <mcstevex1...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> "WAL" wrote:
> > I have joined a new band and I have eight par 56 cans on a T bar.Q: How many sound guys does it take, to screw in a lightbulb?
>
> A: We don't do lights
>
> --
> Steve McQ

Q: How many sound guys does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: "WHAT?"

Pages: 1
Prev: fried amp
Next: Mix Wizard WZ3 14:4:2