From: Bruce G on
Pardon my burning ignorance as I am totally new at this. I just got an
Allen&Heath Mix Wizard 14:4:2 mixing board and don't know how to hook up my
effects unit. The effects is an old Zoom reverb with two 1/4 inputs and two
1/4 outs. This board has 6 aux sends but no returns. I would like to
hear/control reverb on our four vocal channels in the monitors and front
speakers as well. If I try a channel insert will the effect only be on that
one channel? I do plan on getting a new effects unit soon and any thoughts
on a better unit under say $400.00 for this bar band are welcome. Thank
you.

From: tbmoas58 on

"Bruce G" <luxinterior(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Pardon my burning ignorance as I am totally new at this. I just got an
> Allen&Heath Mix Wizard 14:4:2 mixing board and don't know how to hook up
> my effects unit. The effects is an old Zoom reverb with two 1/4 inputs and
> two 1/4 outs. This board has 6 aux sends but no returns. I would like to
> hear/control reverb on our four vocal channels in the monitors and front
> speakers as well. If I try a channel insert will the effect only be on
> that one channel? I do plan on getting a new effects unit soon and any
> thoughts on a better unit under say $400.00 for this bar band are welcome.
> Thank you.

just return it to a channel
if you want it in the monitor twist up that monitors aux on the channel you
returned the efx to
if you want it in the mains push up the fader
use
pre fade auxes for monitors and post fade auxes for efx
george

From: Abemeister on
....and if george's solution confuses you, send it to me for testing. It
may take awhile but I will eventually figure it out. 8-)

From: simon on
The Wiz3 14/4/2 has 4 stereo or mono aux returns as well as the two
stereo channel. You will find them at the top right of the board. The
inputs for them are the furthest left on the back of the console. They
are labeled L (mono) & R If you want it stereo, use both, if you want
it mono use the left one. The Aux return section controls are clearly
marked on the top right. You get 8 pots. 4 for stereo returns and 4 for
mono. Please note that even though there are 8 pots you only get 4
returns. You can have each return as EITHER mono or stereo depending on
how you wire it in on the back panel. Use the correct corresponding pot
for your configuration.

Use a post fader aux to input to the FX unit. Only use one as it sould
give a stereo return from a mono input for reverb. Return it into a
stereo Aux return or to one of the stereo channels (depends on whether
you want to be able to route it to monitors and have EQ over the
reverb) as mentioned above. Don't use an insert.

Inserts are by and large for dynamics processors such as compressors,
gates, EQs etc. Only in very VERY unusual circumstances would I put an
effect in an insert ( probably a delay if I did to align it with
another channel - ie. to align two mics in used on a kick drum or two
room mics or whatever.)

As for a good FX processor I would recommend the TC M1. Lovely units
but they do have a bit of a learning curve.

From: Bruce G on
Thank you but are we talking about the same board?
<simon(a)audioengineer.co.uk> wrote in message
> The Wiz3 14/4/2 has 4 stereo or mono aux returns as well as the two
> stereo channel. You will find them at the top right of the board. The
> inputs for them are the furthest left on the back of the console.

hmm... furthest left, matrix out and monitor out? me thinks not

> They are labeled L (mono) & R If you want it stereo, use both, if you
want
> it mono use the left one. The Aux return section controls are clearly
> marked on the top right.

Top right? Well mid right are 6 pots not eight. aux 1-6