From: Phildo on
What's the difference between this and the KMS105? Worth getting?

Am about to buy a new vocal mic and want a condenser. Any other
recommendations?

Phildo

From: Bob Urz on

Phildo wrote:

> What's the difference between this and the KMS105? Worth getting?
>
> Am about to buy a new vocal mic and want a condenser. Any other
> recommendations?
>
> Phildo

Shure KSM9

Bob

From: Ole Johansen Sjurdal on
Audix VX 5

ole

From: Thomas Bishop on
"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message ...
> What's the difference between this and the KMS105? Worth getting?
>
> Am about to buy a new vocal mic and want a condenser. Any other
> recommendations?

The 104 is the cardioid version, the 105 is hyper. It is definitely worth
getting. There are lots of options in that price range. Someone mentioned
the KSM9. I've never heard it, but at $700 it seems a little pricey to me.
I've owned a couple VX10's and really liked them, but I've never used the
cardioid VX5. The AT AE5400 is also great. Any of these are going to be a
good choice. You can get 2 VX5's for less than a KSM9, but again, I've
never heard either one. I own a KMS105 and don't plan on getting rid of it
anytime soon. It sounds great and you get to say you have a Neumann in your
mic box (if that's worth anything to you).

From: Thomas Bishop on
"Marc Amsterdam" <reply(a)newsgroup.only> wrote in message
>>Am about to buy a new vocal mic and want a condenser. Any other
>>recommendations?
>>

> ehhrr KMS 150?

Phildo IS made out of money?