From: Phildo on

"Bob Urz" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message

> Phildo wrote:
>
>> What's the difference between this and the KMS105? Worth getting?
>>
>> Am about to buy a new vocal mic and want a condenser. Any other
>> recommendations?
>>
>> Phildo
> Shure KSM9

Just took a look at one on thomann. Sounds amazing. Won't get one this time
around but will certainly look at it for April when I get back. You can
never have too many good quality vocal mics, especially in my current gig
where you get different artists every night.

The artist I'm buying a mic to use with is http://www.elainedelmar.com/,
probably the best female singer I have ever worked with. I felt ashamed I
had to give her an SM58 to work with, even if it was a virgin 58 straight
out of the bubble-wrap.

Phildo

From: Alf! on

"Phildo" wrote

>> I suggest you look at the Sennheiser e865. Less than half the price
>> and doesn't give the same feedback problems, great sounding too.
>
> What's the price on this? Couldn't see it on Thomann.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_e865s_evolution.htm

~ Alf! ~

From: Tim Phipps on
Alf! wrote:
> "Phildo" wrote
>
>>> I suggest you look at the Sennheiser e865. Less than half the price
>>> and doesn't give the same feedback problems, great sounding too.
>> What's the price on this? Couldn't see it on Thomann.
>
> http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_e865s_evolution.htm
>
> ~ Alf! ~

Or here's the one without the switch but it's more expensive??

http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_e865_micro.htm

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
From: Phildo on

"Tim Phipps" <tim(a)tlphipps.free-online.co.invalid> wrote in message
> Alf! wrote:
>> "Phildo" wrote

>>> What's the price on this? Couldn't see it on Thomann.
>>
>> http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_e865s_evolution.htm
>>
>> ~ Alf! ~
>
> Or here's the one without the switch but it's more expensive??
>
> http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_e865_micro.htm

I used those on another ship and they didn't really have the sparkle that I
am looking for. Will try the Audix and the Neumann and will probably buy a
shure once I get home.

Phildo

From: Arny Krueger on
> Arny Krueger wrote:
>> "Bob Urz" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message

>>> Shure KSM9
>>

>> Bob doesn't seem to believe in including the fact that
>> he's a Shure dealer with his sales pitches for Shure
>> products.
>
> So, what do you know about mikes Arny?

I don't know a thing about mics, Bob. never bought any, never owned any,
never plugged one in, never recorded through it, never did live sound with
one.

> That's what the question was. I guess that means you don't know much. You
> would rather
> start guano than contribute to the thread.

The guano is your good wrok, Bob. You don't seem to be long in the business
practices department.

> Shure will be glad to know that Mr. Krueger does not
> think highly of there products. What do you know about a KSM9 Arny?

Never read anything about sure microphones, never owned any, never talked to
anybody who ever had them.

> Phildo will buy what he thinks he wants. NOT what i tell
> him to.

Guess what Bob. Phildo and the rest of the regulars aren't the only people
who read here.

> And i will suggest what ever works. Whether i sell it or not.

It considered good form to reveal your commercial connections, when they
relate to the topic at hand. Just sending you a much-needed news flash, Bob.
Get it?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Mix Wizard WZ3 14:4:2