From: Saxology on

"Bruce G" <luxinterior(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thank you but are we talking about the same board?
> <simon(a)audioengineer.co.uk> wrote in message
>> The Wiz3 14/4/2 has 4 stereo or mono aux returns as well as the two
>> stereo channel. You will find them at the top right of the board. The
>> inputs for them are the furthest left on the back of the console.
>
> hmm... furthest left, matrix out and monitor out? me thinks not

Look at the back of the unit.... 2 inches left of the M in MixWizzard and
down a few inches. There are 4 stereo returns labeled ST1-ST4. I think
this might be what is referred to....

> mono. Please note that even though there are 8 pots you only get 4
> returns. You can have each return as EITHER mono or stereo depending on
> how you wire it in on the back panel. Use the correct corresponding pot
> for your configuration.

> > They are labeled L (mono) & R If you want it stereo, use both, if you
> want
>> it mono use the left one. The Aux return section controls are clearly
>> marked on the top right.
>
> Top right? Well mid right are 6 pots not eight. aux 1-6

Hmmm, I don't see 8 pots either, not too sure what he's trying to say
there.... I think you have 4 pots for the ST1-ST4 inputs. The output of
these can be routed to LR directly or they will do some summing into the 2
stereo faders 11/12 and 13/14 as you wish (switch selectable).

Someone is looking at the wrong unit maybe? might even be me!
-Sax

PS, A&H mixers are not as "what you see is what you get" when it comes to
their final matrix/efx units. Things are somewhat configurable but also,
some things are hardwired so you need to get familiar with the board a bit.
It won't take you very long. This area you hit is one example... no "aux
return" jacks but they give you stereo in jacks to use instead. On my 16:dx
the efx is fed from the 5/6 aux sends (as I remember....) and the return is
summed into a stereo channel and this has a 1 fx/2 fx configuration variable
as well. Once you get used to it there is no problem but if you walk up to
it cold you can easily guess what is going on wrong. They are good sounding
mixers though. good luck.

From: simon on
Ok, I have the answer. Looking at A&H's website, they have released a
new version of the Wiz3 14/4/2 that does away with the aux returns and
replaces them with 2 matrix outs. Funny, I have always though that a
matrix was the only thing mising from this fantstically versatile
board but I would not want to sacrifice aux returns to gain it. Shame
they can't fit them both on.

From: Carey D on

On Jan 29, 2:19 am, s...(a)audioengineer.co.uk wrote:
> > > PS, A&H mixers are not as "what you see is what you get" when it comes to
> > their final matrix/efx units. Things are somewhat configurable but also,
> > some things are hardwired so you need to get familiar with the board a bit.
> > It won't take you very long. This area you hit is one example... no "aux
> > return" jacks but they give you stereo in jacks to use instead.

Note that the stereo channels were reworked on the new version to
include two stereo inputs each. Two of these can be routed directly to
LR if you want, for example as effects returns. The other two route
down the channel. Alternatively, you get two mixing together into each
stereo strip (combine two reverbs, or two backing track sources). In
this way you get 4 stereo returns with several options for using them.
Regards,
Carey

From: Bruce G on
Thank you all very much for your help. I learned allot about this model
mixer. Its working great!