From: ICCDan on
I bought a computer several years ago with Office 2003 installed on it. The
computer died so I bought a new one. Can I legally move the Office 2003
license from the old computer to the new computer?
From: JoAnn Paules on
If it was preinstalled on that computer when you bought it. No. It died with
that system.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

From: Earle Horton on
Do you have a Product Key and install media for the copy of Office that was
on the dead computer? If so, the answer is probably ÿes". Is the hard disk
from the dead computer clonable? In that case the answer may also be "yes".
The second option is kind of tricky, legally speaking, but you can always
say you are "repairing" the dead computer. I have a "repaired" computer,
for example, with a new motherboard, hard drive and video card. It runs
just like a "new" one, for a fraction of the cost. I think I had to
"reactivate" XP somewhere along the way, but it was no big deal.

Cheers,

Earle