From: DanS on
"Bart Steur" <solnews(a)xs4all.nl> wrote in news:uOBw3YazFHA.1256
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> The picturebox is a container for 1 or more text boxes. Underneath the
> picture box is a image with some text that needs to be typed into the
> textbox(es).

i typically use a frame for a container, with no border, and set the frame
background color to the color of the window it is on top of.

does 'Underneath the picture box' mean in the z-order, or in a 2-d world is
it the image below the picturebox ?

From: Bart Steur on
The image underneath (lower in z-order) is a Kodak Image Control. It
contains a Multi Image TIFF. I place highlights (annotations) on the tiff
image. The highlights mark some textparts that need to be typed into the
textbox(es) in the TRANSPARENT picturebox control. All I want to know, can
you make a picturebox transparent. I've tried the way you can you to make a
Form transparent (using SetLayeredWindowAttributes), but that doesn't work
for a Picturebox.

Anyone?

From: Jan Hyde on
"Bart Steur" <bstnews(a)xs4all.nl>'s wild thoughts were
released on Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:54:39 +0200 bearing the
following fruit:

>I want the possiblity to move the textboxes around, since there can be more
>than one, the picturebox (as container) can grow quite large. Therefore I
>want it to be transparent, so the background is still (partially) readable.

Why isn't the 'background' hosted in the picturebox.

>"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> schreef in bericht
>> "Bart Steur" <solnews(a)xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>
>>> The picturebox is a container for 1 or more text boxes. Underneath
>>> the picture box is a image with some text that needs to be typed into
>>> the textbox(es).
>>
>> You've got me confused there, Bart. If you don't want to see the Picture
>> Box then why is it there? Why not simply place the Text Boxes themselves
>> over the background image? Can you please be a bit more specific as to
>> exactly what it is you want to do.
>>
>> Mike

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
Arrest: What you take when you are tired. (Leopold Fechtner)

[Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]

From: Bart Steur on
What do you mean with Background hosted?

From: Jan Hyde on
"Bart Steur" <solnews(a)xs4all.nl>'s wild thoughts were
released on Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:12:29 +0200 bearing the
following fruit:

>What do you mean with Background hosted?

I asume you have set the background of the form to a
picture? Ie the form is hosting the picture.

Why not set the picture property of the *picture* box
instead

>"Jan Hyde" <StellaDrinker(a)REMOVE.ME.uboot.com> wrote in message
>> "Bart Steur" <bstnews(a)xs4all.nl>'s wild thoughts were
>> released on Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:54:39 +0200 bearing the
>> following fruit:
>>
>>>I want the possiblity to move the textboxes around, since there can be
>>>more
>>>than one, the picturebox (as container) can grow quite large. Therefore I
>>>want it to be transparent, so the background is still (partially)
>>>readable.
>>
>> Why isn't the 'background' hosted in the picturebox.

>>>"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> schreef in bericht

>> Jan Hyde (VB MVP)
>>
>> --
>> Arrest: What you take when you are tired. (Leopold Fechtner)
>>
>> [Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with. (Ed Hexter)

[Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]